Talk about a must-have. Cranberry is a basic flavor for fall and a huge necessity behind the bar.
This fruit is the ingredient in a number of cocktail recipes as its sweet-tart flavor complements many ingredients and also lightens and brightens heavier fall cocktails. Cranberry also happens to be an essential ingredient on the Thanksgiving table, so cranberry cocktails have a natural affinity with holiday fare. Here are four refreshing cranberry cocktails to try.
- 2 parts Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka
- 1 part Orange Liqueur
- 2 parts Club Soda
- 1/2 Fresh Squeezed Lime
- Club Soda Top
Preparation: Combine vodka, orange liqueur and lime juice; top with club soda.
Cran Master Sage
- 1 1/2 oz. St. George Botanivore Gin
- 3/4 oz. Cranberry Simple Syrup*
- 4 Sage Leaves
- 1/2 oz. Honey Syrup
- 1/4 Lemon
- 4 oz. The Hatchet Organic Sonoma Hard Cider
- Sage Leaf and Fresh Cranberries (for Garnish)
Preparation: Muddle sage with all ingredients but cider. Shake with ice for 15 seconds and strain into glass. Top with 4 oz. cider and then fill glass with ice. Garnish with sage leaf and cranberries on a pick.
*Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 2 1/4 cups (8 oz.) Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
Preparation: In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, and water to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until cranberries are tender but haven’t burst, 10 minutes. Let cool, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard cranberries.
- 1 part SKYY Infusions Coastal Cranberry
- 2 parts Lemon-Lime Soda
- Fresh Cranberries (for Garnish)
Preparation: Build ingredients in a glass over ice. Garnish with cranberries.
- 6 oz. Champagne or sparkling white wine
- 1 oz. Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka
- Cranberries (for Garnish)
Preparation: Combine all chilled ingredients in Champagne flute and garnish with cranberries.