Get ready for Mother’s Day Brunch with three Mother’s Day cocktails!
These three cocktails blend classic fruit flavors with sophisticated additions for stunning drinks worthy of any mother-figure!
Cocktail by Julia Momose (Kumiko, Chicago)
- 1 dash Weatherby’s Orange Saffron Bitters
- 1 barspoon Elderflower Syrup
- 1 oz. Celebration Aquavit
- 1 oz. Hakkaisan Shiboritate Nama Genshu
- 1 oz. Jean-Luc Pasquet Marie Framboise
Preparation: Measure ingredients into a mixing glass. Stir over ice until proper chilling and dilution is achieved. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with an expression of lemon oils.
Shelby Mastro / Beverage Director, GlenPharmer Distillery, Franklin, MA; Photo by Shelby Mastro
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz. The Perfect Purée White Peach Puree, thawed
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. ginger honey syrup
Preparation: Add all ingredients with ice into shaker. Shake and strain into glass with fresh ice. Garnish with flower petals.
Mother Knows Best
Renee Harper / Bar Manager, Valley Bar Phoenix
- 1 1/2 oz. Gray Whale Gin infused with Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 oz. Bauchant French Cognac and Sweet Orange Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. The Perfect Purée Strawberry Puree, thawed
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 oz. desert blossom honey syrup
- 2 dashes Pink House Alchemy Honeysuckle and Chamomile Bitters
Preparation: Combine all in a shaker with ice and shake. Double strain and serve up. Garnish with edible flowers.