Make the most of apple season with three apple cider-based cocktails.
There are few things more autumnal than a mug of apple cider, and when paired with booze it’s a winning combination. The great thing about apple cider is that it pairs with just about every spirit making it an easy ingredient to work with in a wide range of cocktails. Below, we’re sharing recipes with cognac, rum, and even tequila!
From La Marina, NYC
- 3/4 oz. Hennessy VS
- 3/4 oz. Laird’s Bonded Applejack
- 4 oz. Angry Orchard Cider
- 3/4 oz. Honey
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cubed Red and Green Apples
- Sliced Oranges
Preparation: Combine ingredients and garnish with an orange wheel.
Created by Lauren Davis
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila Don Julio 70
- 1 oz. Apple Cider
- 1/2 oz. Cinnamon Syrup*
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
- Fresh Cinnamon for Garnish
- Ideal Serve: Rocks Glass
Preparation: Combine Tequila Don Julio 70, apple cider, cinnamon syrup and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake Well. Strain into a rocks glass over large ice cube. Top with freshly grated cinnamon.
- 1 oz. Buttered Batter*
- 1 1/2 oz. El Dorado 8 Year Dark Rum
- 1/4 oz. Lemon Juice (to Taste, Depending on Acidity of Cider)
- 2 oz. Fresh Pressed Apple Cider
- Freshly Grated Cinnamon, for Garnish
Preparation: Steam all ingredients in steam tin. Stir with spoon to make sure butter is melted. Pour into flashed Irish mug and garnish with freshly grated cinnamon.
- 1 lb. Softened Kerrygold Butter
- 1 lb. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Jacobson’s Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Allspice
- 1/4 tsp. Clove
- 1/2 of One Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Preparation: Whip butter and sugar until fluffy then add freshly ground spices and vanilla extract. Store refrigerated up to one month or freeze up to three months.