Using peach flavors in a cocktail are trendy and refreshing this summer.
Check out mixologist extraordinaire Ms. Franky Marshall’s take on the classic Mint Julep. Her Cognac Peach Julep is fresh and summery.
Cognac Peach Julep
by Ms. Franky Marshall
- 2 oz. Cognac
- 1/2 oz. Peach Syrup*
- 8-10 Mint Leaves
Preparation: Add mint to Julep cup or Old Fashioned glass, gently press leaves. Add remaining ingredients. Add pellet or crushed ice and swizzle until outside of glass has frosted. Garnish with mint sprigs, berries and a straw.
*Peach Syrup Recipe
- Add 1 cup chopped, ripe peaches to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup Turbinado sugar and 1 cup water.
- Stir contents while breaking down peaches.
- Simmer until all sugar has dissolved and a good consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Strain off liquid into container.
*The type of sugar and amount can be adjusted to suit personal taste.