Cold brew has taken over.
The chilled, concentrated coffee is everywhere, and its popularity has shown no signs of waning. Really, there’s only one thing that could make this caffeinated beverage better: booze. In honor of the warmer weather moving in, mix up one of these five cold brew cocktails that are sure to put a pep to your step.
Rise N’ Shine
Courtesy of Beauty & Essex
- 1.5 oz. Stoli Vanil
- 1 oz. Cold Brew Coffee
- .75 oz. Coconut Milk
- .5 oz. Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 dash Aztec Chocolate Bitters
Preparation: Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a wine glass filled with fresh ice.
Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew Mocha Milkshake
Courtesy of Cafe Agave
- 1 can Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew Caffe Mocha
- 1 dash Milk
- 1 cup Ice
- Banana Liqueur (Optional)
- Cocoa Syrup (to Garnish)
- Whipped Cream (to Garnish)
- Cocoa Powder (to Garnish)
Preparation: Add the first three ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Garnish the sides of a Highball glass with cocoa syrup. Pour the milkshake into the glass. If desired, add a floater of banana liqueur to the drink. Garnish with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Courtesy of The Mayhaw at St. Roch Market Miami
- 2 oz. Havana Club Añejo Clásico Rum
- .25 oz. Demerara Sugar
- .75 oz. Martini & Rossi Rosso Vermouth
- .5 oz. Cold Brew Coffee
- Lemon Twist (to Garnish)
Preparation: Stir all ingredients with plenty of ice until very cold. Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Cointreau Cold Brew
Courtesy of Cointreau
- 1.5 oz. Cointreau
- 3 oz. Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 oz. Coconut Milk
- Orange Twist (to Garnish)
Preparation: Combine Cointreau, cold brew and coconut milk in a cocktail shaker. Shake all ingredients and strain over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Cold Brew Carajillo
Courtesy of Salazar Beverage Director Adan Maldonado
- 2 oz. Cold Brew Coffee (Salazar uses Don Pablo Medium Roast)
- 2 oz. Reposado Tequila
- .5 oz. Coffee Liqueur (Salazar uses Copa de Oro)
- .5 oz. Licor 43 Vanilla Liqueur
- Grated Cardamom (to Garnish)
- Coffee Beans (to Garnish)
Preparation: Add all liquid ingredients to a shaker tin with ice. Shake and strain into a Highball glass over crushed ice. Dust with cardamom and garnish with some coffee beans.