Sutter Home® Family Vineyards, an iconic American winery, is working to make the holidays brighter for U.S. military personnel and their families.
Through its Home for the Holidays initiative, Sutter Home will fund travel costs for up to 20 deserving American military personnel to travel home. In partnership with the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), Sutter Home announced today the names of the first round of individuals who will each receive a free trip home to spend the holiday season with the people they love most.
The second largest family-owned winery has been committed to serving veteran organizations for years.
“We are honored to support our troops and appreciate the sacrifices they make on behalf of our country. We are especially thrilled that Sutter Home is bringing families together this time of the year.”
– Roger Trinchero, Sutter Home CEO and Vietnam Veteran
Prize recipients are determined based on financial need, outstanding service, and creativity in responding to the question “What does home mean to you?” The first five selected include:
- Alejandro Munrea, U.S. Airforce, based at Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland traveling home to Easley, South Carolina
- Alyssa Hood, U.S. Airforce, based at Beale Air Force Base, California traveling home to Brazil, Indiana
- Connie Moore, U.S. Army National Guard, based in Sacramento, CA traveling home to Dillon, Montana
- Paul Guayagay, U.S. Army, based in Las Vegas, Nevada traveling home to Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Shawn Crane, U.S. Airforce, based at Beale Air Force Base, California traveling home to Portage, Indiana
“We are extremely grateful for Sutter Home and VBOC. My family has never met my husband, so I am excited to go home and introduce the love of my life to the people that mean the most to me.”
– Alyssa Hood, U.S. Airforce, based at Beale Air Force Base, California
“I am overwhelmed with happiness. Home is where my dad sings Journey at the top of his lungs. It’s our living room full of relatives. Home is my heart and soul.”
– Paul Guayagay, U.S. Army, based in Las Vegas, Nevada
“My wife and I owe gratitude to Sutter Home. The significance of being home for the holidays is so important to us, especially since this will be the first time my family in South Carolina gets to meet our newborn.”
– Alejandro Munrea, U.S. Airforce, based at Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
“Sutter Home is much more than a wine brand. We strive to make the world a better place and we want our consumers to know that we genuinely appreciate them. The men and women who serve our country in the armed forces deserve our gratitude and support.”
– Wendy Nyberg, vice president of marketing for Sutter Home
A second application period, from October 1, 2015, to December 31, 2015, will award up to 20 additional winners with travel home between February 2016 and December 2016. Eligible members of the U.S. Military service members, Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard may apply online at VBOCIX.org.
Sutter Home has also rolled out a consumer texting campaign to fund care packages for active duty military personnel and their families. Through the end of the year, Sutter Home fans can show their support for this worthwhile effort by texting HOME to 89800. For every valid text received, Sutter Home will donate $5 to Operation Gratitude, up to $20,000, to help send care packages to active duty military personnel.
For more information, visit SutterHome.com.
For more information about the program or to sponsor or this initiative, visit VBOCIX.org.