KAH Tequila Joins Stoli Group USA’s Award-Winning Wine & Spirits Portfolio.
Stoli Group® USA, LLC announced that it will hold the importation, distribution, sales and marketing rights for the KAH® Tequila brand, effective immediately. This development closes out a banner year across the portfolio, driven by continued sales increases for the group’s namesake Stoli® Vodka and ultra-luxury elit® Vodka, extension into 24 states for Bayou® Rum, and the wine division’s multiple recognitions, including Achaval-Ferrer™’s Malbec Finca Altamira attaining a 97-point rating from the Wine Advocate and Arinzano Gran Vino Chardonnay becoming the first ever white wine to be named “Grand Champion Best of Show” at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition.
Stoli Group’s foray into tequila comes at a time of near-unprecedented growth for the category. According to IWSR’s “US Beverage Alcohol Review 2016,” tequila posted 5.2% growth to surpass the 15m nine-liter-case mark in 2015 and “shows no signs of slowing down.”
“We are on a fast track at Stoli Group with innovative line extensions and strategic portfolio expansion. KAH Tequila is an inventive product line and provides a springboard into a category that is rising quickly in popularity with consumers. Our whole team is toasting to this new opportunity.”
– Patrick Piana
KAH, which translates to “life” in the ancient Mayan language, is produced by Fabrica de Tequilas Finos in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico. It was designed to pay reverence and honor to Mexico and its people. The product range features four expressions with each being made from hand-selected 100% blue agave. Each is presented in its own uniquely decorated, spirited skull bottle.
- KAH Blanco starts with a sweet taste, followed by a peppery spice and was awarded 96 points by The Spirits Institute, the highest score ever given to a blanco.
- KAH Reposado features a powerful and viscous taste after going through a 10-month aging process and was nominated as “Best of the Best” in the high-proof tequilas category by Tequila.net.
- KAH Añejo, which was given “Gold” and “Best in Category” awards in the Spirits of Mexico Tasting Competition, has agave, chocolate and coffee notes.
- KAH Extra Añejo has been matured for four and a half years in American oak casks and achieved “Best in Class – Platinum” at The Spirits International Prestige Awards.
“Stoli Group USA relishes the chance to develop the KAH brand and expects to see it thrive on- and off-premise with the support of our strong network of distributor partners across America.”
– Stephen Ballard, SVP of Sales for North America
In September, it was announced that Stoli’s fellow SPI Group subsidiary, Amber Beverage Group, acquired a significant equity stake in Fabrica de Tequilas Finos.