Spring is in the air…and should be on your taste buds.
To prepare your palate for the bright and invigorating tastes of the season, CraftBeer.com – the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers—has compiled a list of spring seasonal craft beers from small and independent craft brewers.
“Spring craft beers truly bring the flavors of the season to life, offering a diverse and refreshing experience. The refreshing and pleasant flavors add to the already wide assortment of beers available at America’s 4,100+ craft breweries.”
– Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com
Last year, in the 13 weeks ending May 17, seasonals were up 7.3% in dollar sales and 4.8% in volume sales based on IRI scan data. They represented 12.9% share of craft in dollar sales and 13.3% share of craft in total volume.
Savor the warmer weather and fresh floral air with some of these rejuvenating selections:
- 21st Amendment Brewery | El Sully Mexican-Style Lager | San Leandro, CA
- Coppertail Brewing Co. | Captain Jack’s Stone Crab Stout | Tampa, FL
- Grand Teton Brewing Co. | Trout Hop Black IPA | Victor, ID
- Half Full Brewery | Grapefruit Pale Ale | Stamford, CT
- Hopworks Urban Brewery | Rise Up Red IRA | Portland, OR
- MadTree Brewing Co. | Sprye | Cincinnati, OH
- Omaha Brewing Co. | 5.56 Dry-Hopped Lager | Omaha, GA
- Otter Creek Brewing Co. | Citra Mantra IPL | Middlebury, VT
- Red Brick Brewing Co. | Hibiscuwit Belgian-Style Wheat | Atlanta, GA
- Southern Prohibition Brewing Co. | Pow! Rye In the Kisser | Hattiesburg, MS
- The Lost Abbey | Carnevale Ale | San Marcos, CA
Visit CraftBeer.com’s 2016 Spring Seasonals for a more comprehensive list of craft beer spring seasonal selections and descriptions. To round out the experience, consider a tour of your local craft brewery.