Southern Distilling Company, owned and operated by local entrepreneurs Pete and Vienna Barger, is the first distillery to open in Statesville, North Carolina since 1903, and the first “craft distillery” ever to open in the city.
In addition to its own award-winning branded products, Southern Distilling offers a broad range of contract distilling services for domestic and foreign brand owners, distilleries and retailers including custom distilling, warehousing, and bottling/packaging services.
The 25,000 square foot distillery, one of the largest in the nation, is located on a 20-acre farm in Statesville. It is a turnkey, grain to glass, certified craft distillery that allows its contract clients to custom define the product and the mash bill.
“Our state-of-the-art equipment and expert staff provide the highest level of quality control while allowing for maximum flexibility. We work collaboratively with our contract clients to create products that are authentically their own and our production capacity allows us to provide these services immediately.”
– Pete Barger, Co-Owner and Principal
Southern Distilling has the valued distinction among bulk spirits producers of offering a unique opportunity for clients to create the grain-to-glass, craft-made spirits that are key to their brand, as well as to be actively engaged in the production process.
Southern Distilling Company’s contract services include:
- Distillation & Bulk Spirits Production – State-of-the-art 18” diameter, 40 foot tall copper and steel continuous column still from Vendome Copper & Brass Works, with annual production capacity of 500,000 proof gallons; integrated fermentation and distillation control systems; ample bulk grain storage facility; grain production contracts; on-site milling; 5,000 gallon jacketed stainless steel fermentation tanks; 2,500 gallon stainless steel mash cooker; dedicated small batch copper and stainless steel pot still system; first-class quality control and assurance procedures.
- Private Label Production & Co-Packaging – blending and batching barrel-aged and unaged spirits of any type; versatile bottling line that can fill and label a variety of bottle shapes and sizes; easy access finished goods warehousing.
- Bonded Warehouse Barrel Storage & Barrel Brokering – High bay, fully sprinklered, bonded barrel storage warehouse; new and used barrels available for purchase and/or filling.
From a dream conceived on a family farm, Pete & Vienna Barger founded Southern Distilling Company in 2013 as a way to tap into the authenticity of home and heritage and revive the legacy of the region’s deep distilling roots.
“Few people know about the rich history of whiskey distilling that dominated North Carolina in the 18th and 19th centuries with this region being one of the largest liquor production hubs in the country at the time. With Southern Distilling Company, we are setting a new standard and leading the revitalization of whiskey distillation in North Carolina, the original birthplace of bourbon in the U.S. Our mission is to provide the highest quality distilled spirits available to both the local region and other discerning customers worldwide.”
– Vienna Barger, Co-Owner and Principal
For more information about Southern Distilling Company’s Contract Services, visit SouthernDistillingCompany.com/Contract-Distilling or contact Southern Distilling Company at 704-978-7175.