Introducing part two of the Seven Deadly LeSins – Indulgence with LeSin Vodka.
This seven-part series will bring you 14 totally unique recipes brought together by Chilled 100 Ambassadors and the LeSin team.
LeSin Vodka teamed up with the Chilled 100 to get creative and give back to bartenders with their Seven Deadly LeSins cocktail program. The brand put together a program to not only put much-needed funds directly in the hands of bartenders, but to create unique recipes for both professionals and home enthusiasts to try. Charles Vaughn, Founder of LeSin, explained, “We challenged the talented LeSin teams and Chilled 100 Ambassadors to create something new and amazing that you can look forward to when the world re-opens (and it will), and also something sure to impress your friends when you entertain at home during these different times. We felt this LEVEL UP was something in between on-premise and off-premise, so we called it HOME-PREMISE.”
Vaughn added that the program was about how to do more than just make a cocktail; it was about finding a way to infuse each recipe with energy. After all, when you go out for a night of drinking, there’s so much more to the experience than just what you’re drinking.
Bartender Joel Cockerill was challenged to create a cocktail inspired by the theme of Indulgence and the color Chocolate.
Joel Cockerill Presents: The Devil Wears Nada and Exposed Decadence
The Devil Wears Nada (Level Up)
- 1 1/4 oz. LeSin Vodka
- 1 oz. Homemade Toasted Hazelnut Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. Foro Amaro
- 1 1/2 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. of Chocolate Malt Powder
- 2 dashes of Scrappy’s Chocolate Bitters
- Add the first 6 ingredients and blend with ice.
- Pour into a rimmed goblet.
- Top with tonka bean cream, chocolate, salt, hazelnut and tonka bean.
- Garnish with hazelnut butter toffee rim, dark chocolate shavings, kosher salt, shaved hazelnut, and shaved tonka bean.
Exposed Decadence (Home-Premise)
- 1 1/4 oz. LeSin Vodka
- 1 oz. Frangelico
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Malted chocolate powder
- 1 1/2 oz. Heavy Cream or one scoop of ice cream (vanilla or coconut) and a splash of milk
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Shavings (for garnish)
Preparation: Add all ingredients into the blender, and if using ice cream, skip the ice, but with heavy cream add one scoop. Blend. Top with whipped cream, chocolate, and hazelnut.