Savor Borgata Weekend, the annual food festival featuring hands-on events and appearances from the casino’s star-studded roster of chefs, is returning for its 12th year on November 8 and 9.
The festivities begin on Friday afternoon with Margarita Madness and culminate on Saturday night with Savor Borgata, the weekend’s namesake event that mixes food, music and libations with celebrity chefs like Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Symon, Geoffrey Zakarian and special guest Alex Guarnaschelli.
There is no shortage of amazing beverage events taking place throughout the Savor Borgata Weekend, whether you’re a tequila drinker, love rosé or want to experience gluten-free dishes paired with refreshing vodka cocktails. These are some of the spirituous events we’re looking forward to the most this year:
- Margarita Madness: To kick off the weekend, Olmeca Altos Tequila will be serving up tasty Margaritas alongside savory bites at Borgata’s Gypsy Bar.
- Perfectly Paired at the Wine Bar: Borgata has a wonderful wine bar that serves vinos from around the world. On Friday evening, Chef Luca Bizzarri will serve five small plate courses, paired with wines from Massimo Galvano.
- Bubble Bash: During this Friday evening soiree, Michelle DeFeo—president of Laurent-Perrier US—will guide guests through the brand’s champagne offerings while light bites are served. The event takes place at the spa’s Immersion Pool, which overlooks the glittering Atlantic.
- Old Homestead Caymus Vineyards Wine Dinner: If you’re a classic steakhouse fan, you won’t want to miss this Friday night event. Join Old Homestead restaurateurs Greg and Marc Sherry for a dinner prepared by Executive Chef Amador Campos that’s paired with Caymus wines.
- Liquid Gold: Borgata recently unveiled its brand new Level One Cocktail Bar & Lounge, which is a perfect place to indulge in craft libations from MGM Resorts’ master mixologist Craig Schoettler. On Friday night, the venue will play host to a special tasting of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve, which will be accompanied by cocktails and light bites. If you spring for a VIP ticket ($125 per person), you’ll receive a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve to take home.
- Through Rosé Colored Glasses: Crafty wine drinkers will love this meeting of rosé and art. On Saturday morning, join Chateau d’Esclans wines—home of Whispering Angel Rosé—in the lobby bar for a rosé flight as you turn a pair of wine glasses into a personal, hand-painted masterpiece.
- Cocktails, Crudo & Ceviche: Join Executive Chef Aram Mardigian at Wolfgang Puck American Grill for a lunch to remember. Three courses of fresh seafood will be paired with cocktails created by General Manager Anthony Santiago.
- Tito’s Toasts Gluten Free: Tito’s Handmade Vodka takes pride in its gluten-free formula, and now you can enjoy the spirit’s smooth flavor with gluten-free bites from Chef Brian Perry during this Saturday afternoon event at on-property Long Bar.
- Bubble It Up!: For guests in need of an afternoon pick-me-up, this hands-on cocktail class will teach participants how to properly construct a balanced cocktail. Belvedere mixologists will guide you through the class as you create a signature cocktail of your own.
While you’ll likely find us sipping our way through these events during Savor Borgata Weekend, there is so much more to do during the two-day fest. You can meet Bobby Flay during a cookbook signing or join the chef for a three-course lunch at Bobby Flay Steak, paired with Melville Winery wines. Those who love to spend time in the kitchen need to participate in Chef Michael Symon’s interactive pasta making class.
And anyone who enjoys baking can’t miss the Magic of Marzipan, a hands-on experience led by Borgata’s award-winning executive pastry chef Thaddeus DuBois. The weekend comes to a close with The Ultimate Food Experience, a walk-around tasting and chef meet-and-greet in Borgata’s event center on Saturday night.
Tickets are still available for individual events and for the entire weekend at TheBorgata.com.