25-Year-Old Bourbon Completes Family of Progressively Aged Whiskeys.
Rhetoric 25-Year-Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey has hit the shelves as the latest offering from the Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Co. The rare bourbon is being released with extremely limited distribution nationwide.
The Rhetoric series has been re-released annually at a year older each time, starting with Rhetoric 20-Year-Old. Each Rhetoric whiskey has the same mash bill, but with a slight increase in proof each year. Rhetoric 25-Year-Old is the latest release from the Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Company—a beautiful Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey aged for 25 years. Aged five years longer than the first release, Rhetoric 20-Year-Old, it is slightly more mature and carries a higher proof. The Rhetoric series has been progressively aged and re-released annually at a year older, allowing whiskey aficionados to collect the series and compare the whiskeys side-by-side.
An intricate gold label features a hummingbird rising above chaos and confusion to find clarity and reason. The background, reminiscent of the oak barrels in which the whiskey aged, has grown deeper in color as Rhetoric is released each year.
Rhetoric stocks were found in the old Stitzel-Weller Warehouses in Louisville, Ky. The whiskey was distilled (between 1990-1993) at the Bernheim Distillery historically located at 17th and Breckenridge in Louisville, Ky., while owned and operated by United Distillers. The whiskey is hand-bottled in Tullahoma, Tennessee.
- Aroma: Oak and vanilla with hints of dried fruit, cherries, allspice
- Palette: Oak-forward, notes of nutmeg, caramel, cocoa
- Finish: Warming and slightly spicy
- Mash bill: 86% corn, 8% barley and 6% rye
- ABV: 45.5%, 91 Proof
- SRP: $140 (750ml)
- Rhetoric 20-Year-Old: 90 Proof (45% ABV)
- Rhetoric 21-Year-Old: 90.2 Proof (45.1% ABV)
- Rhetoric 22-Year-Old: 90.4 Proof (45.2% ABV)
- Rhetoric 23-Year-Old: 90.6 Proof (45.3% ABV)
- Rhetoric 24-Year-Old: 90.8 Proof (45.4% ABV)
- Rhetoric 25-Year-Old: 91 Proof (45.5% ABV)
For more information, visit OrphanBarrel.com.