Q, the Brooklyn-based maker of spectacular mixers, announces today the launch of its “HIGHBALL’R” platform, a new invitation-only series for bartenders to be hosted by local bartenders in six markets nationwide before culminating in Brooklyn during Bar Convent Brooklyn, June 11-13, 2018.
The initiative aims to provide groups of visiting bartenders with a hyper-local, day-in-the-life view of a bartender in the host city.
“With HIGHBALL’R, we’re engaging the trade and celebrating the sense of camaraderie in our industry by giving our hosts a chance to show off a bit. Bartenders experience their home cities very differently than even other locals, and one could make the argument that nobody knows a city better than its bartenders. Also, we highlight the beauty of simple drinks done very well. With Q, a simple highball cocktail becomes an elevated experience and we are inviting like-minded people around the country to experience this first hand.”
– Jaron Berkhemer, Q Vice President of Marketing
Hosted by Herbs & Rye (Las Vegas), Fukushu Restaurant Group (Tucson), the Bottle Cap Group (Charlotte), Bottle & Barlow (Sacramento) and Mandarin Hide (Tampa), each two-day stop will include a full day of exploring the host city as only a true local would, as well as a one-night-only guest shift at the host bar.
“We’re excited to welcome some really deserving bartenders to check out our hometown in a way that very few who come to Las Vegas get to. They’ll check out the scene here from a local bartender’s perspective. If we get anywhere near the Strip, it’ll be because the Lyft driver took a wrong turn.”
– Matt Graham, of Herbs & Rye, Named America’s Top High-Volume Bar in 2016
2018 Highballer Tour Schedule
- Las Vegas, March 11-12 – Hosted by Matt Graham (Herbs & Rye)
- Tucson, April 1-2 – Hosted by Matthew Martinez (Fukushu Restaurant Group)
- Charlotte, April 22-23 – Hosted by Andrew Izreal (Bottle Cap Group)
- Sacramento, May 13-14 – Hosted by Karina Martinez (Bottle & Barlow)
- Tampa, May 21-22 – Hosted by Erin Davey (Mandarin Hide)
- Brooklyn, June 11-13 – Hosted by Q