Portfolio of Premium Brands Take Home Best in Show along with Ten Double Gold and 12 Gold Medals.
Pernod Ricard USA®, the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S., is proud to announce it has been named 2016 “Importer of the Year” by the prestigious San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC). In addition to this distinguished award, Redbreast 21 Year Old was awarded Double Gold and named Best in Show Whiskey, Best Pure Pot Still Whiskey and Best Irish Whiskey while Chivas Regal Original Legend 25 Year Old took home Double Gold, Best Blended Scotch, Midleton Very Rare was awarded Double Gold, Best Blended Irish Whiskey and Lot No. 40 Canadian Whisky was awarded Double Gold, Best Canadian Rye Whisky. Other Double Gold winning brands include Redbreast 15 Year Old Irish Whiskey, Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Irish Whiskey, Plymouth Gin, Olmeca Altos Reposado Tequila, Martell Cognac Cordon Bleu and Aberlour 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch. Pernod Ricard brands also took home a total of 12 Gold Medal awards (complete list below).
“It is a great honor to receive this recognition for our company and our brands from one of the most respected spirits competitions in the world. Recognition of ‘Importer of the Year’ reinforces our commitment to producing spirits of outstanding quality that deliver exceptional experiences to our customers and consumers. Multiple Double Gold and Gold medals from the SFWSC further highlight Pernod Ricard’s dedication to the enduring craftsmanship of our premium brands.”
– Bryan Fry, President & CEO, Pernod Ricard USA
Since its introduction in 2000, the San Francisco World Spirits Competition has become the most respected and influential spirits competition in the world. Emphasizing integrity and impartiality, the SFWSC takes great pride in ensuring that all entries are treated with equal care and consideration by our panels of carefully selected spirits-industry experts.
- Redbreast 21 Year Old Irish Whiskey; Best Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey/Best Irish Whiskey/Best In Show Whiskey
- Chivas Regal Original Legend 25 Year Old Blended Scotch; Best Blended Scotch
- Midleton Very Rare Blended Irish Whiskey; Best Blended Irish Whiskey
- Lot No. 40 Canadian Whisky, Best Canadian Rye Whisky
- Redbreast 15 Year Old Irish Whiskey
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Irish Whiskey
- Plymouth Gin
- Aberlour 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch
- Olmeca Altos Reposado Tequila
- Martell Cognac Cordon Bleu
Pernod Ricard Gold Medal Award Brands:
- The Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill Single Malt Scotch
- The Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso Single Malt Scotch
- The Glenlivet 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch
- Chivas Regal Gold Signature 18 Year Old Blended Scotch
- Yellow Spot Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Powers Signature Release Irish Whiskey
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey
- Seagram’s Twisted Peach Gin
- Beefeater London Dry Gin, London
- Plymouth Navy Strength Gin
- Aberlour 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch
- Aberlour A’bunadh Single Malt Scotch
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S., and the largest subsidiary of Paris, France-based Pernod Ricard SA, which employs a workforce of approximately 18,000 people worldwide and is listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange (Ticker: RI).The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as Absolut® Vodka, Tequila Avión®, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa®, Aberlour Single Malt Scotch, Olmeca Altos™, Beefeater® Gin, Lot No. 40™ and Pike Creek®, Midleton®, Paddy®, Powers®, Redbreast®, Plymouth®, Seagram’s® Extra Dry Gin®, Martell® Cognac, Lillet®, Hiram Walker®, Pernod®, Ricard®; and such superior wines as Kenwood Vineyards®, Brancott Estate®, Campo Viejo®, Graffigna® and Jacob’s Creek®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines.
Pernod Ricard USA is based in Purchase, New York, and has roughly 850 employees across the country. Pernod Ricard USA urges all adults to consume its products responsibly and in moderation. For more information, visit Responsibility.org.