Ginger Sour Adds Zing to Cocktails, Desserts and Dishes.
The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley introduces Ginger Sour, expanding its product line of purees and specialties to 41 premium flavors for culinary, pastry and beverage applications.
Ginger Sour is a delectable blend of ginger, key lime and lemon juices and delivers the perfect balance of warm ginger notes and vibrant citrus tartness. Chefs and beverage professionals can order through foodservice distribution beginning in January, 2017 (packed 6/28 oz. jars per case). Home enthusiasts can purchase through Amazon and The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley. The SRP is $25 per jar plus overnight shipping.
“Ginger is a complex and beloved flavor to many chefs and bartenders. With the addition of citrus notes, our Ginger Sour lends itself well to a variety of creative options for our foodservice audience.”
– Michele Lex, President and Chief Marketing Officer
Nationally recognized chefs and bartenders have created an array of recipes featuring Ginger Sour to spice up the New Year. Here are some recipes to try.
Jonathan Pogash, The Cocktail Guru
- 1 1/2 oz. Gin, Rum or Vodka (Optional)
- 1 oz. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend, Thawed
- 1/2 oz. The Perfect Purée Blood Orange Concentrate, Thawed
- 1/2 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (Unsweetened)
- 2 oz. Lime-Flavored Seltzer
- Orange Slice and Candied Ginger (Garnish)
Preparation: Add all ingredients except garnish to a rocks glass with ice and roll back and forth. Garnish with an orange slice and candied ginger.
Fernanda Rossano, Bar Manager, High & Tight Barbershop, Deep Ellum, Dallas
- 1 1/2 oz. Monkey Shoulder
- Laphroaig Scotch Whiskey (Mist)
- 1 1/2 oz. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Honey Syrup
- Soda (to Top)
- Candied Ginger (Garnish)
Preparation: Shake all ingredients except the Laphroaig, soda, and garnish. Pour into a Collins glass, top with soda. Mist with Laphroaig, then garnish with candied ginger.
Mimi Burnham, Porchlight New York & Brand Ambassador
- 1/2 oz. Plantation 3 Stars Rum
- 1/2 oz. Becherovka Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Crème de Cacao
- 4 dashes Allspice Dram
- 1/4 oz. Amaro Lucano
- 1/2 oz. The Perfect Purée Coconut Puree, Thawed & Coconut Milk Mix*
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg & Orange Twist (Garnish)
Preparation: Shake all ingredients except Amaro Lucano and garnish in a shaker tin and strain into a rocks glass. Add pebble ice. Top with a float of Amaro Lucano. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and an orange twist.
Add 30 oz. The Perfect Purée Coconut Puree, thawed to 12 1/2 oz. coconut milk (Thailand). Whisk to thoroughly combine and pour into squeeze bottles that are labeled and dated. Shelf life, properly chilled, is two weeks.
Ginger Sour Ganache
The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley
Yield: 60 to 75 Chocolates, Depending on Mold
- 150 gr The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend, at Room Temperature
- 450 gr Milk Chocolate Chips or Finely Chopped Chocolate
- 15 gr Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 pinch of Salt
Preparation: Place milk chocolate in a plastic bowl (a glass bowl will retain heat, and may cause chocolate to burn). Microwave chocolate for a short amount of time, approximately 45 seconds. Pour Ginger Sour into chocolate and allow to set for about 10 seconds. Place bowl into microwave again for about 10 seconds. Remove from microwave and allow to rest another 15 seconds so that the heat in the mixture can distribute. Begin to stir slowly from the middle of the bowl with a wire whisk, using small circles and slowly graduating to larger circles, until the entire bowl has been blended. If you find the mixture is not melted enough, you can return the mixture to the microwave for another 5 to 10 seconds. Add the butter and salt to the chocolate and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into a pastry bag and use it to fill chocolates. We recommend using milk chocolate for the shell, allowing the Ginger Sour flavor to shine in the finished product.
Serving Suggestion: Use as a filling for molded milk, dark or white chocolates or as a frosting.
Quick & Easy Tom Kha Gai Soup
Chef Dave Martin
Yield: About 48 oz. of Soup
- 1/2 cup The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend, Thawed
- 1-2 tbsp. Neutral Oil (Canola, Vegetable or Corn Oil)
- 1 lb. Free Range Chicken Thighs, Boneless and Cut into 1/2″ Cubes
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 can (13 1/2 oz.) Coconut Milk
- 14 oz. Quality Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1 cup Straw Mushrooms, Drained
- 1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha or Sambal Oelek
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil Leaves, Chiffonade
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
Preparation: Remove any skin from the chicken thighs and season all the cubes with kosher salt and black pepper. In a medium saucepan with neutral oil over medium-high heat, add cubes of seasoned chicken thighs. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until opaque and then deglaze with coconut milk, chicken stock and ginger sour and stir together. Add straw mushrooms, fish sauce and sriracha or sambal oelek. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes more. Add basil and cilantro to the soup and stir or use them to garnish. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Tangy Ginger Watercress Salad
Jenn Marr, Brand Ambassador
Yields: 4 Servings
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend, Thawed
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- Squeeze of Lime
- Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- 1 large Bunch Watercress Trimmed and Washed
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 Japanese Cucumber or Equivalent
- 1/2 Stalk Hearts of Palm, Quartered
- 1/4 Red Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 Sweet Red Pepper, Diced
Preparation: Combine all salad ingredients into a bowl and toss, add desired amount of dressing.
Perfect Ginger Beer
Manny Hinojosa, Mixologist
- 12 oz. The Perfect Purée Ginger Sour Blend, Thawed
- 10 oz. Water
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of Cajun Pepper Powder
- 3 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Preparation: In empty soda siphon, combine all the ingredients, close soda siphon tightly. Shake and charge with two cartridges of CO2. Shake again and ginger beer will be ready to use.
To request samples, visit PerfectPuree.com/SampleGingerSour.