Patrón Tequila has helped relocate 3,000 lime trees so they could continue to bear fruit for the community.
This is just a small move the brand has taken to better the community in Mexico. Patrón has been leading the green space in Mexico for years. Here’s how:
- Patrón has a unique, state-of-the-art waste treatment process to effectively protect the environment, through a reverse-osmosis technology system to clean water and concentrate vinasses for its use in the compost process
- Patrón supports fellow distilleries by receiving their bagasse, which, together with Patrón’s, is transformed into high quality compost
- Patrón produces more than 6,000 tons of compost a year which is used to enrich Agave fields and community green areas
- Patrón was the first Tequila distillery to use natural gas as the main source of energy, dramatically reducing emissions to the atmosphere
- Patrón is leading the research in the sustainability of agave, teaming up with the National Center for Genetic Resources and CRT experts for making thorough research about the nature and biological aspects of Agave, including its DNA and reproduction processes