Carbone, the Greenwich Village sensation that made waves in New York City’s dining scene makes its debut in the entertainment capital of the world tonight as it officially opens its doors at ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Marking Major Food Group’s first domestic expansion outside of New York City, Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi and Jeff Zalaznick introduce their celebrated concept to Las Vegas that reinvigorates classic Italian-American cuisine with unforgettable Captain tableside service, world-class-sourced ingredients, and award-winning culinary craftsmanship.
“The glamour, history and attitude of Las Vegas make it a perfect fit for Carbone. We are not just replicating the New York City restaurant; our guests will experience a Carbone specifically for Las Vegas.”
– Jeff Zalaznick, managing partner
Chef-partner Mario Carbone said, “It is very exciting to be a part of the booming food scene happening on the Las Vegas Strip. We are committed to bringing Las Vegas a truly memorable dining experience that is unlike anything this city has seen.”
The Design: If New York is the theater, then Las Vegas is the opera
Carbone enlisted San Francisco-based star designer Ken Fulk to create an atmosphere that parallels the one-of-a-kind theatrical edge and Italian vibe of the restaurant. The space has been transformed into a series of rooms that progressively transport guests into inviting yet contrasting ambiances with a vintage Las Vegas swagger.
- The Blue Room: A white loggia, available for private dining, opens through a series of elliptical arches to a striking blue environment that welcomes guests into the restaurant and the front bar area. The Blue Room features vaulted ceilings with golden-tipped lighting and walls composed of tiles from New York subway stations. Retro flooring mirrors the design of the iconic Las Vegas Sands’ pool as seen during the Rat Pack era. Guests can sit at a vintage mahogany bar with gold detailing set in front of an antique mirror reflecting the classic cocktail program it houses.
- The Red Room: Inspired by the Milan Opera, the main dining room exudes glamour with its stunning floor-to-ceiling Murano Glass Crystal Chandelier that was originally commissioned for a Ferrari showroom in the 1960s. Towering arches with custom golden keystones frame semi-private backlit banquettes trimmed with red velvet backs and leather seats.
- Artwork: Adding an element of sophistication, Carbone in Las Vegas is filled with artwork by renowned artists. Throughout the restaurant, guests can enjoy special pieces from the likes of Julian Schnabel, Richard Serra, David Hockney and more.
The Feast: Carbone’s favorites with a Las Vegas edge.
Guests can look forward to all the indulgent dishes and glamorous showmanship that made Carbone an instant hit in New York City.
- Elevated Italian: While the rest of the restaurant scene is scrambling to go casual, Carbone defies the trends by elevating Italian-American cuisine into the fine dining realm with all of the fun and none of the pretention. Carbone’s dishes use the finest products from around the world, transforming familiar dishes into flavorful masterpieces lauded by food critics across the country.
- The Favorites: Carbone’s famous Spicy Rigatoni Vodka, Veal Parmesan, Lobster Fra Diavola and Meatballs are on the menu along with seasonally changing specialties. The menu will continue to evolve and introduce dishes entirely exclusive to the Las Vegas location.
- Every Meal Deserves a Captain: Carbone brings its iconic waiters – known as “Captains” – to Las Vegas to guide guests through the dining experience with that undeniable New York edge. Each waiter was hand selected by the Carbone family to ensure the caliber of service that has become synonymous with the restaurant. Las Vegas’ more spacious dining room allows the Captains to create an even greater spectacle with the restaurant’s famed tableside presentations.
Imbibe: Rare rums and new takes on the classics
Carbone’s beverage program reflects the restaurant’s philosophy of providing guests a product hard-to-find elsewhere with a uniquely vintage flair.
- Vintage Rum Cart: Chef Carbone’s enthusiasm for collecting vintage rum comes alive in a distinctive after-dinner experience. A beautiful cart rolls tableside following dessert, offering some of the rarest rums in the world that each share a piece of history. Guests can savor sought-after labels like the Black Tot British Royal Naval Rum, which was the last rum ration ever issued aboard ships of the British Royal Navy; or the Appleton 50-Year Rum, created when Jamaica hand-selected its best barrels to age for five decades, celebrating 50 years of independence.
- Originally Classic Cocktails: Carbone brings its own flavors to mid-twentieth century cocktails with exclusive ingredients and creative craftsmanship. Examples include a Mai Tai made with an almond syrup “orgeat” developed specifically for Carbone’s Mai Tai recipe, as well as The Stinger that nontraditionally utilizes vanilla-infused maple syrup and muddled mint to perfectly balance and showcase the Armagnac base.
- Vino: Carbone’s rich and flavorful food presents exciting pairing opportunities as the wine selection, comprised of 550 labels, explores the best-of-the-best from Italy, America and France. The program includes legendary vintages that extend back to 1929 and highlights the most captivating wines in the world.
Carbone is open 5pm – 10:30pm Monday through Saturday and is located on the promenade level next to Jean Georges Steakhouse and BARDOT Brasserie.
ARIA Resort & Casino is a stunning AAA Five Diamond resort on The Strip featuring an unprecedented combination of striking architecture, sustainable design, spectacular amenities, high-end service and premium meeting and convention space. Combined with its unparalleled amenities including luxurious shopping at Crystals and the first-of-its-kind public Fine Art Collection, ARIA introduces a new generation of resort experiences, unlike anything Las Vegas has ever seen. ARIA and its neighboring properties are a joint venture between MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. For more information and reservations, visit ARIA.com or call toll free at (866) 359-7757; also find ARIA on Facebook and Twitter.