Backbeat is Austin’s newest craft cocktail bar headed by husband and wife team Michael and Jessica Sanders.
Backbeat’s menu focuses on classic cocktails remixed with imaginative and unexpected ingredients and an expansive spirits collection with global influence.
Visit Backbeat today for some refreshing summer cocktails, or mix them up for yourself.
- 1 oz. Bonded Bourbon (Old Granddad Bonded, for Example)
- 1 oz. Clarified Strawberry Juice
- 1 oz. Cocchi Rosa Vermouth
- 1 oz. Cappelletti Aperitivo Rosso
- 3/8 oz. Liber & Co. Spiced Tonic Syrup
Preparation: Served tall over cubed ice in a highball glass and topped with a splash of soda water (such as Topo Chico). Garnish with an expressed grapefruit peel.
Spritz & Giggles #2
- 3 oz. Citrus & Summer Melon Infused Spanish Rosé*
- 1/2 oz. Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 oz. Giffard Wild Eldferflower liqueur
- 2 dashes Bitter Truth Peach Bitters
Preparation: Carbonated and served over cubed ice in a wine glass. Garnish with a melon ball and sprig of seasonal herbs, such as fresh tarragon.
*Citrus & Summer Melon Infused Spanish Rosé
Add 3 cups of cantaloupe and honeydew melon (cut in chunks), 1 sliced orange and 1 sliced lime to a bottle of light-to-medium body Spanish rosé wine. Allow to infuse at least 6 hours. Strain out the solids.
- 1 1/2 oz. Tariquet VS Armagnac
- 3/4 oz. Gran Classico
- 1/2 oz. Maurolo Chamomile Grappa
- 1/4 oz. Giffard Wild Elderflower
- 2 dashes Grapefruit Bitters
Preparation: Stir all ingredients and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with an expressed lemon peel that is discarded.
- 1 1/2 oz. Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 1/2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 oz. Bols Genever
- 1/2 oz. Lazzaroni Amaretto
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Preparation: Shake all ingredients with ice and fine strain into a chilled cocktail coupe. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt on the surface of the drink.