The legendary 1965 Milk Punch, from Mattie’s at Green Pastures, is a fun alternative to the boring old Egg Nog, made from the age-old recipe of Mary Faulk Koock in her acclaimed “The Texas Cookbook”.
It consists of sweet vanilla cream, aged Kentucky Bourbon, VSOP cognac, Jamaican rum and nutmeg. Mix one up this holiday season.
1965 Milk Punch
- 4 oz. Buffalo Trace Bourbon
- 3 oz. Pierre Ferrand 1840 Cognac
- 1 1/2 oz. Appleton Reserve Jamaican Rum
- 16 oz. Half & Half
- 8 oz. Whole Milk
- 2 1/2 oz. Grade A or B Maple Syrup
- 2 oz. Tempus Fugit Crème de Cacao
- 1 oz. Quality Vanilla Paste
Preparation: Combine all ingredients and stir vigorously to make sure the vanilla is fully dispersed in the mix. Serve very cold. Dispense 1965 Milk Punch into small, chilled cups and then grate fresh nutmeg over each serving. Recipe yields enough to serve four to six people.