We might not be able to travel safely, but at least we can enjoy a vacation in a glass!
Branches of the Loews and Marriott hotels around the country bring us these beautiful cocktails to help you take your tastebuds on a trip.
Loews New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans, LA
- 1 oz. Light Rum
- 1 oz. Dark Rum
- 1 1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 tsp. Grenadine
- 1 tsp. Simple Syrup
- Garnish with Orange Slice and a Maraschino Cherry
Preparation: Fill a shaker with ice. Add all measured liquids. Shake it up vigorously. Pour the cocktail into a hurricane glass. Use a toothpick to skewer the orange slice and cherry. Place garnish on top of the cocktail. Enjoy! Created in the French Quarter during World War II due to a Whiskey shortage, this classic New Orleans cocktail is refreshing, fun and a burst of flavor. It’s an homage to the cultural crossroads that makes the city of New Orleans unique and a great way to get a true taste of NOLA at home.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando in Orlando, FL
- 3/4 oz. Bacardi Light Rum
- 3/4 oz. Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 3/4 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz. Mango Puree
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. Giffard Orgeat
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Preparation: Combine ingredients in a shaker, add ice and shake. Strain and serve over fresh ice. Garnish with a Yuzu gummy dipped in togarashi.
Loews Miami Beach Hotel in Miami Beach, FL
- 1 1/2 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. Fresh Local Guava Puree
- 1 oz. Fresh Squeezed Local Grapefruit Juice
- 1/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Prosecco Splash
- Edible orchid and orange peel (for garnish)
Preparation: Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, except for the Prosecco. Shake vigorously for 5 seconds. Fill a Dante glass with crushed ice and strain the cocktail into the glass. Add a splash of Prosecco for a floater. Garnish with an edible orchid and Florida orange peel. Salud!
Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA
- 2 oz. Pisco
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Matcha Tea
- 1 Egg White
- splashes of bitters
Preparation: Pour all ingredients into a shaker and shake to mix. Pour mixture over ice into a high ball glass. Garnish with a mint sprig.
“The Cactus Wren”
Westbound in Tucson, AZ
- 1 3/4 oz. Uruapan Charanda
- 1 oz. Whiskey Del Bac Old Pueblo
- 1 oz. Cappelletti
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. 1:1 Simple Syrup
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in shaker full of ice. Shake well for 20 seconds and strain into rocks glass or tiki mug full of ice. Garnish with mint.
The Original Mai Tai
- 1 oz. Bacardi Rum
- 1 tsp. Cherry Vanilla Puree
- 1/2 oz. Amaretto di Saronno
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. Fresh Govinda Orange Juice
- 2 oz. Fresh Govinda Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz. Whaler’s Dark Rum Float
Preparation: Roll the shaker, pour in a large “bucket” glass. Float with Whaler’s Dark Rum, garnish with a parasol with cherry, pineapple and lime wedge.