Recipe by Courtney Peetz
- 1 3/4 oz. Lustau Solera Reserva Brandy
- 1/2 oz. Lustau Vermut Blanc
- 1/2 oz. Lustau Palo Cortado
- 1/4 oz. Chamomile-Saffron Mellita*
- 2 dashes Bitter Truth Olive Bitters
- Stir the ingredients until well chilled.
- Rim a chilled coupe with a run of fresh melon, discard.
- Pour the ingredients into the chilled coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
Pack a 12 oz. mason jar with chamomile flowers and two threads of saffron. Cover with honey and steep in the sun for 12+ hours. Taste and use when the grassy notes begin to emerge.
Garnish: Orange Twist
I visited Spain last year, and tried to recreate the sensation of sipping manzanilla and brandy on the warm sunny coast, nibbling on fresh melon and olives. I love that this drink brings together many flavors from that visit and is light-bodied and refreshing for a stirred cocktail.