Thursday, August 25th, 2016 is National Whiskey Sour Day, and what better way to celebrate than with a couple of handcrafted Sours you can make at home or entertain guests with.
Los Angeles mixologist Eric “E.T.” Tecosky has created a couple of special cocktails just for the occasion, utilizing Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Select. These craft cocktails take the classic a step further, putting a modern twist on what you thought a Whiskey Sour was. Add a little bit of honey syrup and grapefruit juice for an interesting twist in the No.143, or throw in blackberry and cherry liqueur to make a Modern Sour.
- 2 oz. Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Select
- 1/2 oz. Honey Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 3 Lemon Wedges
- 2-3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
Preparation: Muddle lemons in an old fashioned glass with bitters. Add remaining ingredients. Add ice. Cover glass with metal mixing cup and shake. Serve in glass.
- 1 1/2 oz. Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Select
- 1/4 oz. Giffard Crème de Mure (blackberry liqueur)
- 1/4 oz. Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup
- 3/4 oz. Egg Whites
- Angostura Bitters
Preparation: Dry shake all ingredients except the bitters for 20 seconds. Add ice and shake well. Fine strain into a cocktail glass. Apply bitters with an eye dropped to taste.