The Nightclub & Bar Convention and Trade Show Rocks Las Vegas with it’s Highest Numbers Ever
The show also saw a 10% increase in new exhibiting companies, with nearly 700 companies represented. The largest beverage, bar and nightclub event of the year featured a kick-off ribbon cutting with Vegas’ newest resident performer, CeeLo Green and Jon Taffer star of Spike TV’s Bar Rescue and President of Nightclub & Bar Media Group.
“We are thrilled with the success of this year’s show and were pleased to offer our attendees access to the top beverage, bar and nightlife vendors in the country,” said President of Nightclub & Bar Media Group, Jon Taffer.[pullquote_left]Our sponsors, including Indemnity Insurance Corporation, Anheuser Busch, MillerCoors, Diageo Innovation, Revention, TY KU, Spike’s Bar Rescue, Kahlua Midnight, BevIntel and Coca-Cola, displayed some of the newest, most innovative and technologically advanced products and services our industry has ever seen. Once again, Las Vegas, the nightlife capital of the world, provided the perfect back drop to showcase our industry.”[/pullquote_left]
2013 NCB Show Highlights
Events at Las Vegas’ nightclubs, a star-studded ribbon-cutting, a buzzing exhibit hall, and standing-room only sessions with a behind the scenes look into the trade are all part of what keeps the hospitality industry professionals coming back year after year. Highlights from the show included:
- Jon Taffer, star of Spike TV’s Bar Rescue and president of the Nightclub & Bar Media Group gave attendees a look inside his industry knowledge with a keynote speech on the “Anatomy of a Rescue”
- Representing TY KU Premium Sake & Spirits, co-owner CeeLo Green attended and participated in the ribbon cutting ceremony to open the exhibit floor. Taffer conducted an interview with Green at the TY KU booth
- The inaugural program, Entrepreneurs of the Year, has proven to be such a success that NCB will be expanding the number of winners in 2014 from three to five. Winners from this year’s event were: V-One Vodka, PlanChat and Egress Marking Solutions
- Angel Management Group’s PURE Nightclub inside Caesars Palace kicked off the convention with a special guest performance by hip-hop icons Rev Run and Ruckus
- Spike TV’s Bar Rescue brought back their successful sponsored happy hour with Jon Taffer at LAVO in The Palazzo
- Jim Koch, Founder of The Boston Beer Company, gave a keynote on “How to Hit the Ground Running”, speaking to his 28 years in the business with stories to tell, lessons to share, and more than his share of anecdotes about the business
- Nick Shepherd, CEO of Carlson Restaurants / T.G.I. Friday’s keynote address discussed “Taking a Leap of Faith to Rebrand Your Venue” – how T.G.I. Friday’s is re-imaging their restaurants to focus on contemporizing with a more upbeat and inviting ambiance and why it is important for every venue to reinvent themselves
- The three Platinum Parties were hosted at Top 100 nightclubs: Hyde in the Bellagio Hotel, Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan and Tryst nightclub at The Wynn
- NCB’s top exhibitors launched and showcased many new brands for the marketplace on the show floor including Pernod Ricard’s Kahlua Midnight and Mama Walkers unique flavored liquors; MillerCoors’ Third Shift Amber Lager, Batch 19; Redd’s Apple Ale; Anheuser Busch’s Black Crown; Bud Light Platinum; Becks Sapphire; and Diageo Innovations showcased their new Smirnoff Sorbet Light flavors, Crown Royal Maple and Tanqueray Rangpur.