Las Vegas Invaded Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans
Las Vegas invaded Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans on Thursday, July 17th, 2014.
Backbar USA brought more than 30 of Las Vegas’ top mixologists to invade Tales of the Cocktail® in New Orleans for the annual cocktail festival that took place from Wednesday, July 16 through to Sunday, July 20. Las Vegas Invades Tales of the Cocktail® took place from 5 to 8 p.m. at Masquerade Nightclub inside Harrah’s in New Orleans on Thursday, July 17. Las Vegas showcased the impact the city is making in the cocktail and spirits world by bringing the best mixologists the city had to offer to the world’s premier cocktail and spirits festival.
Notable participating mixologists included:
- Tony Abou-Ganim, “Modern Mixologist” author and industry veteran
- Francesco LaFranconi, Southern Wine & Spirits
- Andrew Pollard, Wirtz Beverage
- Alenrry Iniguez and Nectaly Mendoza, Herbs & Rye
- Mariena Mercer, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Christopher Hopkins, Wynn I Encore
- Raul Faria, Gordon Ramsay’s Pub & Grill
- Ricardo Murcia, Bellagio
- Michael Przydzial, Central Michel Richard at Caesars Palace
- Travis Reel, Japonais at The Mirage
- Patricia Richards, Drai’s Enterprises
- Max Solano, Emeril Lagasse’s Delmonico Steak House at Venetian I Palazzo
More than 1,500 cocktail enthusiasts attended the sold-out event and enjoyed sounds by Las Vegas’ DJ Ikon and posed for photos with authentic Las Vegas Showgirls. Mixologists served craft cocktails featuring several different liquor brands including Bulleit Bourbon, Absolut Elyx, Sauza 901, Bacardi, Hennessy, New Amsterdam, Hangar 1 Vodka and more.