Cozy up with a steaming mug of hot chocolate to celebrate the weekend and the start of the holiday season!
Golden Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 oz. ABERFELDY 12 Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- 3 oz. Milk (or Milk Alternative)
- 3 Tbsp. ABERFELDY Golden Hot Chocolate Mix
- Garnish: Marshmallows and Edible Gold Glitter
Preparation: Warm 5 oz of milk (or milk alternative) in a small pot, then stir in 3 tbsp of ABERFELDY Golden Hot Chocolate mix until dissolved. In a mug, carefully combine hot chocolate and 1.5 oz of ABERFELDY 12. Garnish with marshmallows and edible gold glitter.
Bourbon Hot Chocolate
Courtesy Katie Tobin, bar manager at New Riff Distilling
- 1 oz. New Riff Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- 1 1/2 oz. Bourbon Cream*
- 1 oz. Water
- 1 1/2 oz. Dark Chocolate Fudge Dessert Topping
- 1/2 oz. Luxardo Cherry Juice
- 1-2 Dashes of Cherry Bitters
- 1-2 Dashes of Aztec Chocolate Bitters
Preparation: Add all ingredients except the bourbon cream to a mug. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add bourbon cream and garnish with chocolate covered cherries and marshmallows.
Combine 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk (1-12 ounce can), 1 cup Bourbon, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee a large mason jar. Secure lid on tight and shake until combined. Store in the fridge.
The Cocoa Diablo
Courtesy Sara Bradley, chef/proprietor Freight House
- 1 1/2 oz. Xicaru Mezcal Silver
- 1 oz. Tempus Fugit Crème de Cacao
- 4 drops Woodford chocolate bitters
- 1 tiny pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange slice
Preparation: Build all ingredients in a glass mug and top with 3-4 oz of boiling water. Tastes just like a Mexican hot chocolate but is clear.
- 1 oz. Diplomatico Mantuano
- 1 oz. Fresh espresso
- Chocolate milk
Preparation: Stir and top with steamed hot chocolate milk and dark chocolate gratings. Enjoy!
I’m in Love with the Cocoa
By Master Mixologist Rael Petit at Kokomo
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk – any kind you like
- 1 1/2 oz. Bacardi Rum
- 1 oz. of Montepulciano Red Wine
Preparation: Make the hot cocoa – warm the milk in a saucepan on the stove and add the first 3 ingredients whisking to combine. As a shortcut, you could use your favorite ready-made hot chocolate brand from the store. Add the Bacardi rum and Montepulciano red wine and stir to combine. Serve in a tiki mug.