Chicago’s Original Craft Beer Company to Welcome Beer Lovers into “The Flock” Through a Brewery Tour Experience and Gathering Place.
Today, Goose Island, Chicago’s original craft beer company will open the famed Fulton Street Brewery to the public for the very first time. Beginning now, craft beer fans from the city of Chicago, as well as visitors to our great city, will have the opportunity to peek into a-day-in-the-life at Goose Island Beer Company through a unique brewery tour experience.
“Chicago has been our home since the day we opened in 1988. We’re so excited to open our brewery doors and invite our friends and family to share in the experience of all that goes into making Goose Island so special.”
– Ken Stout, General Manager at Goose Island Beer Company
In a truly collaborative effort, Goose Island partnered with local Chicago artisans and contractors including Duke Builders & Design, Hatch Design & Fabrication, Right Way Signs, Flux Studios (Revolve Tile), Icon Modern, VSA and DMA to beautify, design and construct the brand new Tasting Room at the Goose Island Brewery, located at 1800 W. Fulton St.
During the 45 minute tour, guests of the brewery will be able to sample Goose Island beers, leave with a custom made pint glass, and enjoy experiences unique to Goose Island, including:
- Visit the ‘Innovation Room,’ where brewers have full creative license to brew, developing small batch beers that may only show up in our Tasting Room
- Check out how Goose Island utilizes wild yeasts in the ‘Wild Fermentation Room,’ before seeing the bottling line and exterior fermentation tanks
- Peek in the Barrel Aging Warehouse, where visitors will learn how Goose Island’s award-winning barrel aged beers, such as Bourbon County Stout are created
- Stop by the new ‘Tap Deck’ which overlooks the Goose Island Brewing operations, allowing our visitors to see our great brewers at work
- After the tour, guests are welcome to relax in our beautiful new tasting room, where they can order a pint of their favorite Goose Island beer
- The tasting room is open to the public, whether part of a tour group or not, on Thursday and Friday from 2:00 – 8:00 p.m., and Saturday from Noon – 6:00 p.m.
Fans will be able to purchase tickets online at GooseIsland.com for $12. Each tour will accommodate about 10 people and they are scheduled to run on the hour Thursday and Friday 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST* each week.
*All times, dates and costs are subject to change.