- This event has passed.
The 5th Annual MV Wine Fest
May 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - May 14, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The MV Wine Fest returns to the island of Martha’s Vineyard on May 11th-14th, 2017, on its fifth consecutive year as the kick-off event of the season on the island.
A four day celebration that takes place in the historical yet contemporary town of Edgartown will focus extensively on featuring wines from the United States as well as wine-producing regions such as Bordeaux, Burgundy, Tuscany, Piedmont, Rioja, and more.
Featuring the talent of local chefs is a main staple of the MV Wine Fest, as wine is created for food and food is created for wine, the organizers John Clift and Marnely Murray are focused on pairing the incredible local talent to some of the best wineries.
“As a festival, we want to make the intimate wine dinners the core of our events. Bringing wine makers from around the world to work with our chefs in creating an unforgettable menu that pairs exceptionally well with the wines is our goal.”
– Marnely Murray
Being able to sit down at a table, to enjoy wine with the person that actually made said wine is an experience the MV Wine Fest wants to bring to their guests.
In 2017, the wineries that will be presenting at the festival include a distinguished variety, but not limited to: Merriam Vineyards, Rombauer Vineyards, Silver Oak Winery, Duckhorn Vineyards, Trifecta Wines, Flanagan Wines, Chateau d’Esclans, Knightsbridge Winery, Caymus Vineyards, and Landmark Vineyards. Small, intimate dinners will be hosted throughout the weekend where guests will be able to connect with wine makers and winery owners.
The signature Grand Tasting event takes place on Saturday at the historic Kelley House, near the waterfront in downtown Edgartown, Martha’s Vineyard. With sumptuous suites, some with water view balconies overlooking Martha’s Vineyard premier sailing and yachting location, The Kelley House is also the ideal location for guests to book their stay during the weekend.
Other featured events will include
- “Art of the Cocktail: Locally Crafted”, featuring top Martha’s Vineyard bartenders showcasing New Amsterdam gin and vodka in a friendly competition creating geo-specific island cocktails
- “Eco-Awareness: Oyster Safari”, (weather permitting) where guests will have a chance to meet and go on an adventure with local oystermen Cottage City Oysters, while learning about sustainability in the New England waters
- Luminary Farm Dinner, at an exclusive location in Edgartown showcasing the work of Chef Matt O’Neill of The Blue Ox pairing a dinner to Rombaeur Vineyards, Silver Oak Wines, and Duckhorn Vineyards
- “Burgers & Bubbles”, a fun outdoor (weather permitting) event at the historical Martha’s Vineyard Museum lawn where guests will sip champagne and taste burgers from three chefs in order to vote for their favorite burgers
- “Oysters & Bubbles”, the event that culminates the weekend where attendees can relax while slurping back freshly shucked oysters from Cottage City Oysters while sipping on Chateau d’Esclans wines.
The MV Wine Fest is an annual event that also has a philanthropic vision, donating 100% of the proceeds of their Silent Auction to the Martha’s Vineyard High School’s Culinary Arts Department. This silent auction takes place during the Grand Tasting on Saturday, May 13th and attendees will have a chance to engage in conversation with some of the culinary arts students present at the auction.