- This event has passed.
For the Love of Cocktails – February 12th – 14th, 2015
February 12, 2015$150
Hundreds of Cocktails, Five Seminars, Three Days, One Cause
For The Love Of Cocktails is a three-day event celebrating the art of mixology, hosted by BACK BAR USA in partnership with world-renowned mixologist and author Tony Abou-Ganim and the United States Bartenders’ Guild (USBG). Through a series of events held in Las Vegas, attendees will come together to experience great cocktails, celebrate mixology as a craft and support an incredible charitable foundation, The Helen David Relief Fund for Bartenders Affected by Breast Cancer. Tickets, priced at $100 per person, will grant guests access to specialty cocktails, hand crafted by Las Vegas’ top USBG bartenders, and may be purchased at ForTheLoveOfCocktails.com.
Last year, the event raised thousands for the Helen David Relief Fund and helped bartenders battle breast cancer. Some of the city’s top mixologists free reign behind the bar, and the resulting creations were truly amazing.
“Meet the Masters Wine Dinner” to Kick Off “For the Love of Cocktails” Three-Day Mixology Festival
Tweet It!: Wine & dine at ‘Meet the Masters’ #wine dinner @LoveOfCocktails held @AureoleLasVegas @MandalayBay on Feb. 12! @BackBarUSA @SteMichelle
For The Love Of Cocktails, a three-day mixology event presented by BACK BAR USA, will kick off with ‘Meet The Masters Wine Dinner’ from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12 at Aureole at Mandalay Bay.
Tickets are priced at $150 per person and are available at ForTheLoveOfCocktails.com. Guests will also experience a special, rare and high-end surprise at the end of dinner.
The dinner will begin with a mixer with champagne and wine cocktails prepared by master mixologists Tony Abou-Ganim, Dale DeGroff and Francesco Lafranconi, followed by a five-course meal wine pairing by Las Vegas’ most distinguished sommeliers including Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and Delano Las Vegas’ Harley Carbery; Bellagio’s Jason Smith, MS; Charlie Palmer’s Steven Geddes, MS; and ARIA’s Nick Hetzel, MS.
Abou-Ganim, DeGroff and Lafranconi will greet guests with signature wine and champagne cocktails crafted using 2011 Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling, Red Diamond Temperamental Red Blend and a Michelle Sparkling wine.
Following the cocktail hour, attendees will enjoy a five-course meal prepared by Aureole Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel. Exquisite selections include:
- Fine Potato Galette of Fluke Sashimi and Bulgarian Osetra Caviar with a fennel polen cream;
- Scottish Langoustines, lightly-seared, and served with a minute ratatouille basquaise and confit lemon;
- House-Made Ricotta Cheese, Cavatelli Pasta and Confit Rabbit served with porcini mushrooms and perigord truffles;
- Duo of Grilled Waygu Rib Cap and Slow Braised Beef Cheek with garlic enoki, wilted greens, celeriac puree and truffles jus;
- Orange Cream Semifreddo Flambé with a passion vanilla reduction and a honey toasted rice crisp; mignardises and handcrafted chocolates.
Each course will be paired with a rare, reserve wine from the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio, expertly selected by Carbery, Smith, Geddes and Hetzel. Wine selections will include a 2002 Nicolas Feuillatte “Palmes d’Or” Brut Champagne, a 2005 Marchesi Antinori Castello della Sala “Cervaro della Sala” Umbria; a 2000 Marchesi Antinori “Pian delle Vigne” Brunello di Montalcino; a 2005 and a 2011 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Estate “S.L.V.” Cabernet Sauvignon; and a 2013 Eroica Ice Wine.
“Meet The Masters” wine dinner will mark the beginning of a nationwide Chateau Ste Michelle wine cocktail contest, open to participants throughout the nation. Finalists will be flown back to Las Vegas to experience For The Love Of Cocktails in 2016.
For more information, visit ForTheLoveOfCocktails.com
- February 12, 2015
- Event Tags:
- ‘Meet The Masters Wine Dinner’, "meet the masters", “Cervaro della Sala” Umbria, “Palmes d'Or” Brut Champagne, “Pian delle Vigne”, “S.L.V.”, 2000 Marchesi Antinori, 2005, 2005 Marchesi Antinori Castello della Sala, 2011 Chateau Ste, 2011 Stag's Leap Wine Cellars Estate, 2013 Eroica Ice Wine, Abou-Ganim, ARIA, Aureole, BACK BAR USA, Bellagio, breast cancer, breast cancer awareness, Brunello di Montalcino, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carbery, Casino, Charlie Palmer, chateau set michelle, chilled, Dale DeGroff, DeGroff, delano, events, food and wine pairings, for the love of cocktails, fortheloveofcocktails.com, francesco lafranconi, Geddes, Harley Carbery, Hetzel. 2002 Nicolas Feuillatte, Jason Smith, Lafranconi, las vegas, Mandalay Bay Resort, Michelle Riesling, Michelle Sparkling wine, Nick Hetzel, red blend, Red Diamond Temperamental, reserve wine, Smith, Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Steven Geddes, the helen david relief fund, tony abou-ganim, upcoming events, usbg, Vincent Pouessel, wine cocktail contest