- This event has passed.
11th Annual Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai Festival
August 17, 2019
If you love Mai Tais then you don’t want to miss this year’s 11th annual Don the Beachcomber Mai Tai Festival held at Royal Kona Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii.
Celebrate the legendary Mai Tai cocktail on August 17, 2019 and watch as over 20 of the world’s top bartenders mix it up in a battle for the title of World’s Best Mai Tai and a $10,000 cash prize.
Festival Highlights Include
- Mai Tai Marketplace: Shop for crafts and island treats from local artisans and merchants from 11am-4pm
- Battle of the BBQ: Taste and vote for Hawaii’s best barbecue from 11am-2pm
- Pool Party: Listen to live music from local Hawaiian artists by the pool from 2:30pm-4pm
- Mai Tai Mix-off: From 4:30pm – 7:30pm watch bartenders from around the world vie for the title of World’s Best Mai Tai and cash prizes. First place winner receives $10,000, second place winner receives $5,000, and third place winner receives $2,500.
This year’s judges:
- Beachbum Berry
- Aaron Sanchez
- Shawn Ford
- Juan Coronado (Bacardi Rum Brand Ambassador)
- Manny Hinojosa (Cazadores Brand Ambassador)