On April 18th, 2017, Chilled magazine visited WSWA, the 74th Annual Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America Convention & Exposition in Grande Lakes Orlando, Florida.
Some key observations identified by our team while attending were:
- Product Innovation – A leader was Bellion Vodka, which is infused with health-conscious NTX Technology.
- International Brands – There was an influx of European imports from countries like Slovakia and Serbia, as well as a strong presence from New Zealand, South Africa, and Asia.
- Trending – “Layered Spirits” with complex DNA and flavor profiles.
- Popular Brands – The show was a stomping ground for indie brands.
- Presentation – Quite a few brands upped their presentation game – notable was North Carolina based Graybeard Distillery’s Bedlam Vodka.
- Popular Category – Wines had a strong presence, and contrary to what’s hot with mixologists, vodka was prominent throughout the show floor.
To view complete photo gallery at WSWA, click HERE.
For results in the Call for Cocktails Competition, click HERE.
For results in the Wholesaler Iron Mixologist Competition, click HERE.
For more information on WSWA, visit WSWAConvention.org.