When Smokey Sings
Recipe by David Garrett
- 1 1/2 oz. Harleston Green Scotch
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Mint Syrup
- 2 dash Absinthe (I prefer St. George)
- Shake and Strain
- Large Cube
- 1:1 simple syrup, add mint bunch. Steep overnight.
- All ingredients except smokey scotch spray in tin.
- Shake and Strain over large cube.
- Spray smokey scotch on top.
Garnish: Mint Sprig and spray of Lagavlin Scotch
Glassware: Rocks Glass
In deep despair or lonely nights
He knows just how you feel
The slyest rhymes, the sharpest suits
In miracles made real
Like a bird in flight on a hot sweet night
You know you’re right just to hold her tight
He soothes it right, makes it out of sight
And every thing’s good in the world tonight
When smokey sings, I hear violins
When smokey sings, I forget everything.