One Last Drink
Recipe by Cody Zimmerman
- 2 oz. Harleston Green Scotch
- .75 oz. House Pistachio Orgeat*
- .75 oz. Lemon Juice
- .5 oz. Alvear Amontillado Sherry
- 1 Egg White
- 5 drops Mace Tincture**
- 3 dashes Amargo Chuncho Peruvean Bitters
- Add all ingredients into a shaker, add ice and wet shake.
- Strain cocktail back into small tin, dump ice out and dry shake.
- Pour cocktail into Frappe glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg, lemon zest, and 2 pistachio shells.
*House Pistachio Orgeat
- 250 gr Pistachios
- 600 ml Hot Water
- 600 gr Fine Sugar
- 3 ml Orange Flower Water
- 3 ml Everclear
- Place Pistachios in a pot and add water to cover. simmer at 60 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- Strain and process the pistachios in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the hot water and let sit for 2 hours.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and place the resulting pistachio milk into the pot with the sugar and orange flower water.
- cook at 70 degrees celsius, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Everclear.
- Let cool at room temperature, bottle and refrigerate.
- 500 ml Everclear
- 500 ml water
- 3 tbsp. Mace blades crushed
- Mix Everclear and mace in an airtight container and let sit at room temperature for 72 hours.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and mix with water.
Garnish: Grated Nutmeg, Lemon Zest and 2 Pistachio shells
Glassware: Nick & Nora Glass
I was Inspired by Pistachio Ice Cream. An ice cream shop in my town makes the best pistachio ice cream. I started playing around with making my own homemade orgeat and I fell in love with this Pistachio Orgeat. I wanted to make it into an after dinner drink so I decided it was perfect to use with Harleston Green Scotch for this competition and paired it with sherry to make a wonderful night cap fir for a Scott. Cheers!