Recipe by Kathryn Beckley
- 1 1/2 oz. Wódka Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Combier Orange Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. Ovenproof vodka infused with orange peels and long peppers
- 2 dashes Chocolate Bitters
- 2 dashed Aromatic Bitters
- Egg White
- 1/2 oz. Heavy Cream
- 2 oz. Soda Water
- Add ice, vodka, lemon, orange liqueur, orange and pepper infusion, chocolate bitters, aromatic bitters, and heavy cream into shaker.
- Shake for 5 seconds.
- Strain into shaker with hawthorn strainer.
- Add egg white and coil for extra whipping.
- Dry shake with coil for 30 seconds.
- Double strain into frosted wine glass.
- Add 2 oz. soda water.
Garnish: Chocolate bitters, Orange peel and orange zest
Glassware: Small wine glass
I wanted to make a holiday inspired Ramos fizz. Orange and chocolate always go together well. And so does egg white, cream and orange. Long pepper adds a spicy flavor combination of cinnamon, clove or allspice. Either way it adds a holiday spice combination. The bittergringo’s aromatic bitters are heavy in vanilla and baking spices which double down on the holiday aromatics. The soda water and orange zest brighten the decadence of the cocktail.