Land o’ Milk & Honey
Recipe by Brad Coburn
- 2 oz. Wódka Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Black Pepper Honey*
- 1 1/2 oz. Almond Milk
Preparation: Combine all items into a cocktail shaker and shake until properly diluted. Pour cocktail into a chilled martini glass / coupe. Garnish with fennel seeds.
*Black Peppercorn Honey
- Combine 20 gr of black peppercorns with 1 quart of boiling water.
- Let peppercorns steep for fifteen minutes.
- Blend in a high powered blender.
- Remove peppercorn debris with cheese cloth or chinois.
- Combine equal parts of honey with the black peppercorn water and stir until properly diluted.
Garnish: Fennel Seeds
Glassware: Martini Glass / Coupe
My Cocktail, “Land of Milk & Honey”, is inspired by Wodka’s straight forward, no nonsense approach to making vodka. It is reminiscent of my grandfather, who immigrated to the US from Slovakia. Growing up, I remember my grandfather being the same no nonsense way, letting things speak for themselves. That is what I aim to reflect in the creation of this cocktail. Black pepper and almond enhances the flavors already present in the spirit. A simple addition of honey sweetens things up, and the fennel seeds remind me of fresh baked rye bread, a stable of my grandparents’ kitchen.