Recipe by Ben Stodghill
- 2 oz. Harleston Scotch
- 3/4 oz. Disaronna
- 3/4 oz. Marlon Brando Syrup*
*Marlon Brando Syrup
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 10 drops Angostura Orange Bitters
- 2.5 oz. Hennessy Cognac
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 cups Boiling Hot Water
- Create Marlon Brando syrup before hand let cool. Slice orange in to half moon pieces, dip in sugar then put on a metal cookie sheet. Torch the sugared orange till it starts to charge and carmalize the orange, let cool then garnish.
- In iced pint glass add all 3 ingredients and stir 17-20 times then strain into rocks glass over king cube.
Garnish: Brûléed Orange/Bordeaux Cherry/Large King Cube
Glassware: Rocks glass
I am a fan of the classic cocktail (The Godfather) and wanted to use the Smokey taste of Harleston Scotch in this Smokey yet sweet cocktail . I decided that I needed to cut the disaronna and create a cognac, vanilla, brown sugar syrup with a hint of orange. After putting it all together I offered it to some regulars at my bar and have now turned it in to a guest favorite.