Fall Back to Summer
Recipe by Carlos Ponce de Leon
- 1 1/2 oz. Wódka Vodka
- 1/2 oz. St. George “Botanivore”
- 1/4 oz. Creme de Violette (Rothman & Winter)
- 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
- 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
- 5 Chunks of Fresh Watermelon
- Add all ingredients to a shaker tin, add plenty of cubed ice and shake shake shake and shake some more!
- Double strain into a chilled rocks glass (no ice).
- For the garnish I cut a 3 inches long stick of watermelon and frost it for 2 hours.
- The garnish works as a chiller for the cocktail and as a snack (a boozy one that is, since it has been absorbing the goodness in the glass).
Garnish: Frozen Watermelon Stick
Glassware: Rocks Glass
Inspiration for this cocktail is my favorite season of the year (hence the name). My play on an Aviation swapping out cherry maraschino for fresh watermelons and showcasing the smoothness of wodka vodka with a kick of botanical gin, the perfect touch of creme de violette, sour lemon juice and simple syrup to round up a fruity sipper.