Recipe by Kathryn Beckley
- 1 1/2 oz. Harelston Green Scotch
- 3/4 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 inch Ginger Piece
- 3 oz. Cubed Dragon Fruit
- Crush ginger cube
- Add all ingredients to shaker.
- Shake hard to crush up dragon fruit cubes.
- Strain with a hawthorn strainer to allow dragon fruit bits to come through.
Garnish: Lemon Peel and Dragon Fruit Peels
Glassware: Old Fashioned Glass
I wanted to play with the wonderful caramelized banana and peat flavors of Harelston Green Scotch. Dragon fruit is a delicate flavor that won’t over power the scotch and has a pleasant mouthfeel. Ginger and Scotch are natural complementary ingredients. Elderflower is also a classic sweet liqueur flavor that goes with almost everything. I wanted to make a drink that is approachable for non scotch drinkers and turn them into scotch fanatics!