Recipe by Bud Prow
- 1.5 oz. Wódka Vodka
- .75 oz. Lemon
- .75 oz. Simple
- .75 oz. Aquafaba
- 1 tsp. of Roasted Caraway Seeds
- Beet Juice Spray
- Muddle the Roasted Caraway Seeds in a shaker tin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the Beet Juice.
- Dry Shake, Wet Shake.
- Double Strain into a Chilled Coupe.
- Spray with Fresh Beet Juice.
Garnish: Spray of Fresh Beet Juice
Simply put, Wodka was my inspiration for this delicate sipper. Made from Polish rye, this spirit harkens me back to one of my favorite Jewish delis from when I lived in New Orleans. As you enter Stein’s Deli, you’re hit with the wonderful scent of fresh baked rye bread sprinkled with caraway seed, patiently waiting it’s turn to feature the next fresh cuts of house cured pastrami. While caraway and rye are a perfect complimentary pair, this cocktail had still left me wanting more. I found a simple spray of earthy beet juice was what this line up of simple but effective ingredients needed. Enjoy!