Bring Me A Shrubbery
Recipe by Joshua Solomon
- Fresh Basil
- Harleston Green Scotch
- Domaine de Canton
- Kiwi Honey Shrub (Housemade)*
- In a shaker muddle 8 Basil leaves.
- Add 2 oz. Harleston Green Scotch.
- Add 1/4 oz. Domaine de Canton.
- Add 2 oz. of Kiwi Honey Shrub*
- Shake vigorously, and double strain into cognac snifter filled with crushed ice.
- Top with 1 oz. of Q-Kola.
- Garnish with an excessive amount of awakened Basil and a Kiwi coin. A environmentally friendly is recommended.
*Kiwi Honey Shrub
Cook equal parts local honey, Apple cider vinegar and macerated kiwi over low heat for 30 minutes. Filter through cheesecloth and chill.
Garnish: Excessive Basil and Kiwi Coin
Glassware: Snifter Glass
The cocktail is inspired by Monty Python’s the Holy Grail. Bring me a Shrubbery is a play on the look of the finished cocktail looking more like a plant than a drink. And the use of the word Shrubbery is a nod to both the movie and the ingredients. The tiki inspired cocktail uses the shrub and honey to highlight the natural crisp treefruit and honey notes in Harleston Green.