Breakfast in Scotland
Recipe by Ariana Ghanem
- 1.5 oz. Harleston Green Scotch
- .25 oz. Tattersall Sour Cherry Liqueur
- .5 oz. Cointreau
- .75 oz. Black Tea Syrup*
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- Squeeze 2 lemon wedges in lowball.
- Add Harleston Green Scotch, Cointreau, sour cherry, and tea syrup in lowball.
- Add ice and stir (20 revolutions).
*Black Tea Syrup
Steep 3 cloves and 3 bags black tea in 3 cups hot water for 5 minutes, then add 1.5 cups sugar, stir to dissolve, and strain.
Garnish: Flaming Cinnamon Stick and Cherry
Spending time in the countryside, sitting on a porch overlooking fields of green after a fresh rain shower, I felt as if I was teleported to a morning in the green pastures of Scotland… It could have been the smoking cigar, or perhaps the scotch in my tea… We laughed and imagined this is what it must be like to have breakfast in Scotland.