Another PurpleRain Fizz
Recipe by Ugochukwu Okworogwo
- 2 oz. Wódka Infused Citrus Butterfly Pea Flower Tea*
- .75 oz. PonyBoy Mix #1**
- 1 bar spoon Yuzu
- .75 oz. Lemon
- 2 dashes Peychaud Bitters
- .5 oz. Aquafaba
- Add all ingredients in a shaking tin and ice.
- Reverse shake (ensure its super cold).
- Strain into highball glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Cap with a dehydrated lemon wheel.
- Serve with a BIG SMILE.
*Wódka Infused Citrus Butterfly Pea Flower Tea
- Pour 1 litre of Wódka into a non-reacting container.
- Add .80 gr of butterfly pea flower tea (MiralandBerry Dried Butterfly Pea Flowers) and lemon/orange rinds (1 each).
- Allow to sit for 1 – 2 hours.
**PonyBoy Mix #1
In a non reactive container add equal amounts of St Germain:Suze:Dem (Infused with Cinammon)
Garnish: Dehydrated Lemon Wheel
Glassware: Highball Glass
I’ve been playing around with aquafaba and the idea of vodka based fizz drinks seemed interesting to me. We had a ton of Suze in stock but weren’t using it and had Wódka as our well. Wódka provided a nice clean backdrop to have all ingredients combined to play around with one another without being too overpowering.