Recipe by David Leon Jr.
- 2 oz. Harleston Green Scotch
- .5 oz. Plantain Cacao Demerara
- .25 oz. Ch Fernet Dogma
- .5 oz. Ancho Reyes
- Grab a Mixing Glass and a Double Old Fashioned glass then place on bar top.
- Pour the 2 oz Harleston Green Scotch, .5 oz Plantain Cacao Demerara, .25 oz Ch Fernet Dogma, and .5 oz Ancho Reyes into the mixing glass with 1 scoop of cubed ice and stir for about 10 seconds.
- Take one 2×2 ice cube, place into the Double Old Fashioned glass and pour the mixed cocktail from the cocktail glass into the Double Old Fashioned glass, then take the tobacco infused 151 rum place into a spray bottle and spray 1 time on top of the cocktail.
- Now sip and Enjoy!
Garnish: 1 Spray of Tobacco Infused 151 Rum
Glassware: Double Old Fashioned Glass
Chicago, now that’s where I want to be. When living in a such a huge city it is hard to not be sucked into such a gigantic, hustling, busling, diverse place and not intake the luscious exotic flavors. Taking a walk in the beautiful summertime Chi will show you just what I mean just by being able to have such a plethora of cuisines from polish, to puerto rican, to mexican, and more. I bring to you a cocktail that reminds me of a beautiful day in Chicago when I was able to explore the city and have tons of flavors; one day when I had food at a latin restaurant all while having a cigar on a sunny day.
The fact that we can enjoy such a collection of cultures here in America and have the chance to grow and learn from them. That is why I chose to take the Ch Fernet Dogma of Chicago, the Ancho/ Plantain Cacao to tie in my latin roots and the flavors that I had that day with sweet spicy tobacco flavors I had that would remind me of sipping scotch on a summer day.