Celebrate National Absinthe Day on March 5th with Copper & Kings Absinthe Alembic.
Copper & Kings‘ ambition has been to distill a classic absinthe with their own signature riff upon its formal structure. Copper & Kings absinthe blanche is a confident American absinthe.
About Copper & Kings Absinthe Alembic:
- Double distilled muscat brandy in American copper potstills handcrafted in Butchertown, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Traditional absinthe botanicals – grande wormwood, anis, fennel and hyssop, together with accent botanicals, are macerated in muscat low wine for approximately 18 hours and then distilled once more.
- Absinthe blanche – pure copper potstill alembic distilled herbs, roots and botanicals orchestrated in harmony, with no post-distillation infusions to add color or flavors.
- Non-chill filtered, with no added sugar or colorants for a rich, seductive, uncorrupted flavor and natural color. A superb, authentic translucent louche, and excellent natural oily lacing in the glass.
- Pre-bottling dilution is done progressively to avoid shocking the distillate and to open the natural flavors.
- Aroma: herbaceous, pastoral, subtle layering of typical absinthe notes; wormwood, hyssop, fennel open in the glass. Muscat bouquet with uniquely spicy hints of black pepper.
- Taste: slightly restrained anis, faintly bitter, hint of mint, typical licorice without being overpowering or flabby. Black pepper spice. Not syrupy sweet.
- Finish: super creamy mouth-feel, natural viscosity. Black pepper, fresh licorice through the back end.
- 1 oz. Absinthe Blanche
- 1/2 tbsp. Superfine Sugar
- 1 oz. Water
- Lemon and Mint (for Garnish)
Preparation: Pour the absinthe, sugar, and the water into a blender. Blend for a moment to dissolve the sugar and then, with the blender running, add 3 or 4 ice cubes through the hole in the top, pausing between cubes to let them get crushed. Blend until smooth. Garnish with lemon and mint.
Absinthe Frappe Variation
Fill a Glass with Crushed Ice
Invert 50ml Bottle of Copper & Kings Blanche Absinthe
Garnish with Mint
For more Copper & Kings Absinthe Alembic cocktail recipes, CLICK HERE.