(BELVEDERE) RED Joins Chefs and Celebs to #86AIDS
New York City was painted (RED) with the launch of EAT (RED) DRINK (RED) SAVE LIVES, the newest initiative by Bono’s (RED).[raw][easyrotator]erc_46_1402508044[/easyrotator][/raw]
(Photos by Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for (Red)
Guests filled Eataly’s Rooftop Birreria to enjoy music by guest DJ Questlove while sipping on (BELVEDERE) RED signature cocktails and Peroni Nastro Azzurro beer. (RED)’s CEO Deborah Dugan was joined by chef Mario Batali and Master Meat Purveyor Pat LaFrieda for welcoming words during the evening. Culinary taste makers and top celebrities in attendance included Julianna Margulies, Ian Somerhalder, Neil Patrick Harris, Marcus Samuelsson, Wylie Dufresne, Anne Burrell, David Burke, Jessica Seinfeld, Jonathan Cheban and more.
Celebrity News Items:
- Neil Patrick Harris was joined by husband David Burtka. Neil shared images, videos, and stories of twins Harper Grace and Gideon Scott as well as talked Hedwig. He was coming from rehearsal – either the show or Tony’s. He and David were glued to each other most of the night and were caught in a sweet moment, kissing in the photo booth.
- Ian Somerhalder was a true gentle/ladies man posing for photos with everyone who asked and awarded each lady with a hug and a kiss on the head or hand. He spent his evening next to the cheese table for a good portion of the night where he proceeded to regularly eat from, he mentioned being obsessed with Belvedere Vodka.
- Julianna Margulies skipped the red carpet but stayed most of the event. Was seen engaged in conversation with Mario Batali for much of the evening.
- Jonathan Cheban, Kim Kardashians close friend arrived with a woman. The two of them made a b-line for the photo booth where Jonathan posed alone with giant utensils before the two of them hit up the cheese table
- Anne Burrell was with fiance Koren Grieveson. The two enjoyed their time with friends – grabbing a table and enjoying bites to eat.
- Marcus Samuelsson spent the evening by his wife’s side. The two mingled with industry friends and left closer to the end of the evening.
From June 1st-10th, restaurants, bars, and food trucks across the nation joined the cause and help #86AIDS by turning a dish or cocktail on their menu (RED). Major names in the industry such as Martha Stewart, David Burke, Marcus Samuelsson, Buddy Valastro, Padma Lakshmi, Wylie Dufresne, Daniel Boulud, Dana Cowin and more are all on board.