Honorable Mention Awarded to Four Top Scoring U.S. Bars.
The Brockmans 2017 World Gin Day competition to find the world’s favorite #Brocktail—a cocktail created using the “gin like no other”—attracted entries from bars in 12 countries around the world. For the second consecutive year, Glasgow, Scotland boasts the winning concoction while four, U.S. based bartenders received honorable mention for their “Brocktail” creations.
The brand’s World Gin Day Competition received 118 entries via Instagram from bartenders around the globe. After five days of voting by the public through social media, the winning “Brocktail” from Glasgow and two runners-up from Berlin and Moscow were selected.
In addition to the global winners, four U.S. based bartenders were awarded honorable mention as top vote getters in their respective markets. The global and United States “‘Brocktail” winners include:
- Ginto the Wild by The Spiritualist in Glasgow, U.K. The creator of the top finishing cocktail is Sebastian Stanczyk.
- The Flamingo Mallet by Galander Charlottenburg in Berlin, Germany – Bartender, Guilherme Kilpp Gonzatti.
- Lasy by Pinch Restaurant in Moscow, Russia – Bartender, Anton Maltsev.
U.S. Honorable Mention
- The Ocha by The Poynt in Newburyport, MA – Bartender, Brett Henderson.
- The Strawberry Letter 23 by Gin Parlour in New York City – Bartender, Orion Berge.
- The Gin Lulu by PIER 115 BAR AND GRILL in Edgewater, New Jersey – Bartender, Alberto Martinez.
- Sunshine on a Cloudy Day by Blind Pig in Hartford, CT – Bartender, Justin Morales.
As guests of Brockmans Gin, the three global winners and four U.S. honored bartenders will join the most respected minds in mixology at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans – the world’s premier cocktail festival and spirits industry event.
“Brockmans Gin inspires creativity as it offers so many complex and exciting botanical notes. To have entries from so many countries and many of the top bars in the world is testament to the affection with which Brockmans is held across nearly 30 international markets.”
– Bob Fowkes, co-Founder and Marketing Director of Brockmans Gin
Winning Recipe – Global
Ginto the Wild
By The Spiritualist in Glasgow, UK
- 2 oz. Brockmans
- 1/2 oz. Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- 3 oz. Smoked Berry Ketchup
- 1 1/2 oz. Maple Syrup
- Foraged Pine Mist
- Berry and Sesame Crisp on the Side
Preparation: Shake and Serve Straight Up.
Winning Recipes – U.S.
By The Poynt in Newburyport, MA
- 1 oz. Brockmans Gin
- 1/2 oz. Chamomile Grappa
- 1/2 oz. Agave Infused with Chamomile
- 1 1/2 oz. Mizo Shochu
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon
Preparation: Shake all ingredients together and double strain in a coupe. Garnish with roasted lemon wheel and Chamomile buds.
Strawberry Letter 23
By Gin Parlour in New York City
- 2 oz. Brockman’s Gin
- 1/2 oz. Oloroso Sherry
- 1 oz. Strawberry Jasmine Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Lemon
Preparation: Shake all ingredients and spray twice with Bergamot essence. Garnish with splayed lemon peel. Use square white envelope as coaster.
By Pier 115 in Edgewater, NJ
- 1 1/4 oz. Brockman’s Gin
- 3/4 oz. Yuzu Citrus Sake
- 1 1/4 oz. Black Plum Purée
- 1/2 oz. Kaffir Lime Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
Preparation: Shake ingredients and strain into a glass with fresh ice. Using Whip Cream dispenser, top with Dragon Fruit foam. Garnish with a candied Anjou Pear Peel.
Sunshine on a Cloudy Day
By Blind Pig in Hartford, CT
- 1 3/4 oz. Brockmans Gin
- 1/2 oz. Wild Moon Lavender
- 1/4 oz. Crème De Poire
- 1/2 oz. Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Basil Leaf
Preparation: Shake first five ingredients together with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a basil leaf.
For more information, visit BrockmansGin.com.