Recipe by George Kaiho
- 2 oz. Balcones Rye
- 1/2 oz. Lunaco Anniversario Amaro
- 1/4 oz. Giffard Apricot Liqueur
- dash Abbots Bitters
- Prepare a hand chipped ice ball in a rocks glass.
- Build the cocktail combining all the ingredients.
- Stir about 30 times, and garnish with lemon peel with cloves. torching the cloves for half a second.
Garnish: Lemon Peel with Cloves
Glassware: Rocks Glass
The first time I’ve tried Balcones Rye, I fell in love with it’s dramatic flavors. This was the first cocktail I had in mind to make, to make a version of one of my favorite cocktail Monte Carlo (Rye Whiskey & Benedictine).
I added Lucano Anniversario which compliments with the chocolate finish of the Rye with bitterness, and a Fine Apricot Liquor for the sweetness and the apricot flavor that lines up great with the whiskey.
Garnish with Lemon that adds brightness and Clove with the extra spice on the nose.
Thank you for making such a great spirit. Cheers!