Say farewell to summer with a cocktail or two.
Whether you are entertaining a crowd or enjoying a low-key Labor Day, Chilled has got you covered. As the hot weather starts to fade, so too will those lovely summer ingredients and the summery drinks in which they are used. If you are already getting nostalgic, we have put together some cocktails that fit the bill. This is the last of the slushies, brewed iced teas and seasonal fruits like strawberries and watermelon. So enjoy your day off and bask in the last days of warm summer sun with one of these delicious Labor Day libations in hand.
The “Roca como Flor”
Courtesy of Jaren Rivas, Fink Table & Tap, Miami
- 2 oz. Roca Patrón Silver
- 1 oz. Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
- 1 oz. Hibiscus Tea Syrup*
- Soda Water (to Top)
- Grapefruit Wheel and Hibiscus Flower (for Garnish)
Preparation: Shake all ingredients except soda water and strain into a Collins glass and serve with crushed ice. Top with a splash of soda and garnish with a quarter wheel of grapefruit and dried hibiscus flower.
*Hibiscus Tea Syrup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Hibiscus Tea Bags (Such as The Republic of Tea Hibiscus Superflower Tea)
Preparation: Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add hibiscus tea bags; let steep until cool. Strain; cover and keep chilled. Transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
- 1 bottle Partida Blanco
- 33 oz. Chamomile Tea
- 4 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- 4 oz. Lemon Juice
- 12 oz. Honey Syrup
- Lemon Wheels & Mint (for Garnish)
Preparation: Assemble all ingredients in a punch bowl. Garnish with lemon wheels and mint, add large ice cubes to dilute.
Fragola In The Big Apple
- 1 750 ml bottle Amaro Lucano
- 12 oz. Fresh Pressed Lemon Juice
- 12 oz. Fresh Strawberry Puree (or Use Strawberry Jam)
- Sparkling Wine Cider (to Top)
Preparation: Add all ingredients to a pitcher filled with ice. Stir and top with sparkling wine cider.
- 4 1/2 oz. G’Vine Gin
- 2 1/2 oz. Campari
- 2 1/2 oz. La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Rouge
- 3 cups Ice
- Orange Slices (for Garnish)
Preparation: Combine gin, Campari and sweet vermouth in airtight container. Place in freezer and freeze for at least 8 hours and up to 3 days. When ready to serve, add chilled alcohol and ice to blender. Blend on high speed until uniform and smooth. Garnish with orange slice and serve immediately.
Courtesy of Rob Montero, Broken Shaker/Blackbird Ordinary, Miami
- 1 3/4 oz. Roca Patrón Silver
- 1 oz. Watermelon Juice
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Mint Syrup
- 2 Dashes Bitterman’s Tiki Bitters
- 1 Dash Angostura Bitters
- Mint Sprig, Lime Wheel, Watermelon Slice (for Garnish)
Preparation: Combine ingredients in a shaker. Shake and strain into a crushed ice-filled Collins glass. Garnish with a mint sprig, lime wheel and watermelon slice.
G’Intastic Garden Punch
- 15 Strawberries (Quartered, Plus Extra for Garnish)
- 6 Basil Leaves
- Juice of 6 Limes
- 1 1/2 cup Agave Nectar or Simple Syrup
- 3 cups G’vine Gin
- 2 cups White Grape Juice
Preparation: Muddle the first four ingredients in a punchbowl. Add G’vine, the white grape juice and ice. Stir and serve in a special cocktail glass or tall glass. Garnish with a slice of strawberry.