Cocktail Shakers for Every Mood
A good shaker is essential to any bar, and any cocktail connoisseur knows that a shaker can make or break a drink. Different styles of shakers can compliment a recipe in different ways, and other shakers add style and finesse. There are a wide range of shakers available today from the most simple stainless steel two- piece Boston shakers, to extravagant handmade objects of art that are coveted by collectors. No matter your style, or your budget, a beautiful shaker is always a worthwhile investment.
1. The Alessi Parisian Shaker is a modernized version of the traditional 2 piece Boston Shaker, originally designed by Ufficio Tecnico Alessi in the 1920s. Although the Parisian Shaker works well for any type of cocktail, it is fabulous for drinks with egg-whites. The interior of the Parisian Shaker is larger than a traditional cobbler shaker, which means that egg whites have more room to aerate and emulsify, thus producing lighter and frothier egg-white cocktails.
2. The Kelly Cocktail Shaker has a contemporary look with and old-world feel. This handcrafted crystal shaker is etched with modern vertical lines and whimsical dots at the top and bottom. This shaker is an investment piece, but one that your grandchildren will appreciate one day.
3. The Vintage Hotel Recipe Cocktail Shaker from Restoration Hardware is a reproduction of vintage cocktail shakers that were popular in the 40’s and 50s. This antiqued cast-brass shaker features recipes for classic cocktails such as the Clover Club, The Gin Rickey, and a Dry Martini.
4. For those who want to add contemporary flair to their bar, we recommend the Nambé Twist Cocktail Shaker designed by Fred Bould. This sculptural shaker is made from Nambé Alloy, a thermal-retentive metal that can be chilled in the freezer, reducing the amount of ice needed to chill the drink.
5. The Godinger Airplane Shaker is a novelty shaker that is perfect for the jet-setting lover of libation. The best part? This fun and eccentric shaker is affordable and can go in the dishwasher!
6. Copper inspires images of romantic old copper stills and historic distilleries. Bring some old world charm to your bar with a copper cocktail shaker – or spring for the entire copper barware set – shaker, jigger, strainer, and cocktail spoon!
7. A handsome shaker such as the Kingsburgh Cocktail Shaker by Ralph Lauren has a unique faceted shape and will make your guests swoon with envy. Art Deco-inspired cocktail accessories always add a level of sophistication to even the most simple of libations.
8. This shaker, crafted by the renowned jeweler, Theo Fennell is less of a practical piece of barware and more of a piece of art. The handmade Sterling Silver Bomb Cocktail Shaker is reminiscent of a WWII bomb complete with silver rivets.
TheoFennell.com (will ship to U.S.)
9. The Sterling Silver Tiffany 1837 Cocktail Shaker is an investment piece intended to be bequeathed to future generations. But what a beauty – clean curved lines and stamped with the iconic T&CO.
10. The Parisian Gold by Yukiwa is made with heavy gauge Japanese Stainless Steel, and a compact shape that is both handsome on top of the bar, and streamlined for charismatic cocktail shaking. Pair with a gold strainer for the extra bling-bar effect!