The Wines of Provence press lunch took place earlier this month at Miss Paradis in Manhattan.
Chef Adir Cohen designed an entirely vegetarian eight-course menu, all paired with a different Provence rosé. Wines were tasted from all appellations composing the Wines of Provence, namely Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence, and Coteaux Varois en Provence.
With 2016 being a record year for Wines of Provence, the area is the global leader of premium rosé wine, accounting for 6% of global production and 42% of domestic production. Provence remains the matchless leader for premium rosé wine both in France and abroad, especially in America, where the trend is in full swing.
Americans particularly see la vie en rosé with Provence. The United States today represents 43% of Provence’s exports in volume, comfortably ranking it the number one export market. And everyone is joining in.
“There is no longer a gender effect with rosé; consumers increasingly see it as they do a great red or white. I sell it to as many men as I do women!”
– Nicolas Buffet, Wine Specialist at Sherry-Lehmann Stores
Check out a few of the reasons Provence wines are so celebrated.
- Unrivalled quality – The only region in the world to dedicate 89% of its production to rosé, these wines shape the category’s benchmark.
- Outstanding palette – The region offers a perfect rosé for all seasons and cuisines. Provence is home to an unequalled diversity of luscious and versatile rosés.
- Iconic lifestyle – More than a go-to wine choice, drinking Provence rosé becomes a way of life, embodying its home region, and best enjoyed with family and friends.
- Green excellence – Provence is home to France’s most sustainable vineyards, setting the record with 24% of vines being organic, compared to a national average of 9.6%.
“Producing high-quality wines is also about respecting biodiversity – Provence winemakers understand this and are truly setting the example.”
– Alain Baccino, President of the Wines of Provence Council. Think pink, drink green!
The Wines of Provence’s new global campaign reflects the region’s modernity and boldness. The campaign’s signature, The Taste of Style, emphasizes the region’s uniqueness: the unequalled style of its iconic dry rosé, and the inherent casual elegance of the people who both produce and drink it.
For more information, visit WinesOfProvence.com.