San Francisco Brewers Guild Rolls Out Free Shuttle to Make Meeting SF Brewers Easier Than Ever.
Engines are revving for the official launch of San Francisco’s first Drink SF Beer Shuttle on Wednesday, March 16th, 2016, a new “hop on, hop off” shuttle service provided at no cost by the San Francisco Brewers Guild (SFBG) and its members as part of its monthly Meet the Brewers night (MTB).
The evening starts when San Francisco brewers come together to mix and mingle at Black Sands Brewery at 6pm. Then, at 7pm, the Drink SF Beer shuttle will kick into gear, departing Black Sands and looping to Magnolia Brewpub, Barrel Head Brewhouse, Sunset Reservoir Brewing and Social Kitchen & Brewery, before returning to Black Sands for another round. Three separate shuttles will be running this route — dubbed the “Haight / Sunset Line” — ensuring easy and frequent access, with a shuttle arriving at each venue every 15-20 minutes.
The March 16 Drink SF Beer event kicks off ten monthly shuttle runs scheduled for 2016 across various San Francisco neighborhoods:
Haight / Sunset Line
- 3/16/16 – MTB Host Venue: Black Sands Brewery
- 6/15/16 – MTB Host Venue: Sunset Reservoir Brewing Co.
- 10/19/16 – MTB Host Venue: Social Kitchen & Brewery
- Black Sands Brewing Co.
- Magnolia Brewpub
- Barrel Head Brewhouse
- Sunset Reservoir Brewing Co.
- Social Kitchen & Brewery
Mission / Dolores / Bernal Line
- 4/20/16 – MTB Host Venue: Old Bus Tavern
- 9/21/16 – MTB Host Venue: Guest Venue TBA**
- Old Bus Tavern
- Woods Cervecería
- Southpaw BBQ
- SFBG Tap Takeover featuring Rosamunde Sausage Grill on 4/20 (9/21 TBA)
Dogpatch / Mission Bay Line
- 5/18/16 – MTB Host Venue: Harmonic Brewing Co.
- 8/17/16 – MTB Host Venue: Triple Voodoo Brewery
- 12/21/16 – MTB Host Venue: Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
- Harmonic Brewing Co.
- Smokestack / Magnolia Brewing Co.
- Triple Voodoo Brewery
- Anchor Brewing Co. at The Yard
- Speakeasy Ales & Lager
SOMA / Union Square Line
- 7/20/16 – MTB House Venue: Local Brewing Co.
- 11/16/16 – MTB House Venue: Black Hammer Brewing Co.
- Local Brewing Co.
- Black Hammer Brewing Co.
- ThirstyBear Organic Brewery (shuttle stop is at Kaplan St., at the restaurant’s rear entrance)
- Cellarmaker Brewing Co.
- Bartlett Hall
- 21st Amendment Brewpub
“So many breweries have opened in the last year, even ardent craft beer fans are still discovering the great beer being produced right in their own backyard. San Francisco is leading the craft beer movement, and the place to experience that first hand is in the tasting rooms and neighborhood brewpubs.”
– Joanne Marino, executive director of the SFBG
For newcomer Black Sands Brewery, the opportunity to kick off the shuttle is indicative of the Haight St. brewpub’s overall experience since opening its doors last August.
“Being allowed to not only host a Meet the Brewers night but kick off the Drink SF Beer shuttle when we’re less than a year old is testament to how supportive both the Guild and the community have been. We’re honored and excited to showcase our brewpub and set the tone for a great year of Drink SF Beer shuttles.”
– Cole Emde, co-owner and brewmaster for Black Sands Brewery
Complete route and schedule details, brewery profiles and more will be posted at DrinkSFBeer.com, all part of a new “drink local” initiative by the SFBG. More programs and other activities are planned for 2016, so stay tuned.